Chapter 12

Dakota

I didn't really think much of it. I hadn't thought he'd actually do it until he did.

I opened the door when an unexpected knock came. Terrence hadn't said anything after my last text and I wondered if I should send another to make him feel less pressured if I had in some way added pressure.

My mouth fell open as there he was panting as though he had ran all the way here instead of drove and then climbed stairs. I wasn't given time to process as he moved closer and I moved back to allow him entrance and his bag fell to the ground and his hands were on me.

I whimpered and melted as he kissed me, he bend down and kissed me, holding me in place as our lips moved against one another so fiercely. I wasn't sure we're this was going, but I liked the direction.

I held onto him, wrapping my arms around his neck and my feet left the ground and wrapped around his waist. He didn't move further in and the door was still open. His hand was on my thigh as we kissed, his tongue rubbing against mine and he tasted of mint. I moaned into his mouth, feeling his beard scratch gently against me.

Finally we parted for air, our foreheads together and I couldn't help smiling.

"I don't meant to be forward." Terrence began, "I just truly didn't understand how I'd sleep tonight."

I chuckled and kissed his cheek. "You are welcome anytime." I pulled away to look into his eyes, enjoying how focused he was on me, my heart felt as though it was wrapped in fluffy warmth and everything good about the world.

Terrence grinned and closed the door, still having me wrapped around him, he took his shoes off and walked into the apartment before settling on the couch. He sighed like he was finally getting to rest after a long day and I just stared at him.

"I hope I'm not disturbing?" He looked mildly worried and I looked over at what he saw and chuckled at my notes and textbooks.

"I was actually about to prepare for the first lecture tomorrow."

"Oh." His eyebrows shot up as he nodded. "I don't have the best timing then." We laughed and I kissed him again, sighing in content and wanting to just stay pressed against him. "You should," he pushed gently at my shoulder and I pouted as he looked at the books and I huffed.

"Fine. But you stay right here."

"Got it." He smiled and I got off of him. I stood and scratched my head.

"You want anything? Food? Water?" He grinned and stood.

"Let's make popcorn, school without popcorn has never been a good thing." I laughed and nodded in agreement.

I got out what we need and he set the pot on the stove with some oil and butter before measuring the kernels and waiting for the oil and butter to heat up. He held me as we waited, standing behind me and sniffing at my hair and neck, his hand rubbing on my arms. It made my heart swell with emotion and I just loved the attention he gave me. His sniffing reminded me of wolves and I wondered if it was because my shampoo was just so strong or if he usually does it.

He put the kernels in and we listened to it pop. He just seemed know when to turn off the stove and move the pot aside and I handed him the bowl.