10. It All Started With Pure Bliss

Start from the beginning

But I'm hoping that once this place is clean this will be the time that my mom finally brings me her warmth that I haven't gotten in years.

"Momma," Demontre chipper voice carries from the vent in the living room to the one down here in the basement.

After a few minutes of silence I hear the familiar pitter patter of momma's heels before her high pitched voice oozing with love says," theirs my beautiful angel."

Ignoring whatever summary my sister is telling my mom about all the fun she's having at sleep away camp; I get back to scrubbing the floors.

Up, down, side, up, down, side, rinse repeat is what I do for the next few hour making the floors like brand new. Examining my hard work, my chest swells in pride.

This is it; the time momma finally tells me she's proud of me, I would really love in I love you but we'll start small.

Taking small steps I make my way up the steps and follow the voices to the kitchen. Before walking in I gently press my back against the wall, to give my body a few seconds of rest.

With a deep inhale I ignore the aches and walk in to see my mom singing along to The Beatles.

"Momma." I timidly whisper out.

"Sissy."

The small verbal exchange shuts momma up, but I don't have time to think about that because Demontre in excitement to see me tackled me to the ground and may have just broken one of my bones.

"Sissy, I didn't know you were here! What are you doing back early? Oh my god how was singing camp? Tell me everything." She squealed.

"I will if you get off me."

"Tee hee of course, sorry."

Slowly getting off me, Demontre gives me a quick glance over taking in my swollen cheeks and skinny frame she frowns. Extending her arm to me, she helps me up and places her hand in mine leading me to her spot on the table she tells me to sit down, after doing that she points at the cookie in front of me that was hers.

"I'm going to make you a sandwich, but eat this while I make it," she lectures.

Stepping away from the table her short body disappears behind our tall countertops.

It's been 2 days since I ate something, that something was the bread crusts from my momma's PB&J sandwich and a moldy tomato.

It's been about 3 months since I ate something sweet, that something was a piece of cake that I had at our annual welcome to summer party we host every year before sissy goes away to camp.

Clearing her throat to get my attention, I look at momma whose face tells me I'll be in a lot of trouble if I eat the cookie.

After a few minutes a giant sandwich is put right next to my cookie.

"Sissy, you need to eat all the singing you did... you worked too hard."

My sweet sister Demontre was very politely telling me I'm too skinny, God I missed her.

"We're not leaving this table till you finish." She sternly said while pointing her finger between us.

"For god's sake eat the fucking sandwich," momma gasped while getting up, leaving the two of us alone.

Once I knew she was gone I took a big bite of the sandwich, she had made it just the way I liked it- turkey, swiss , buffalo sauce and extra onion.

Swallowing the bite, a huge smile comes on my face, happy that I finally get to eat and that it tastes well.

After eating half my sandwich, I turn my head to see sissy watching me with a smile.

Seeing me happy makes her happy.

Which is why I'll take the words and the hits because the second I don't they'll go to her.

At least one of us can be genuinely happy and carefree, and I'll always be proud of myself that I was able to protect her.

Don't mind me just crying because Angelica as well as Demontre deserve the world with their actually mom😭

Angelica just wants some parental love, ugh I can't wait till she gets it.

Thanks for reading❤️❤️❤️❤️