Chapter 31

• Dedicated to all my amazing friends who gave me the motivation and love I needed :')

A/N: I made a major change at the end of the last chapter, I've scrapped the mother's story lol. I advise you to go back and read the ending of chapter 30 please, just to clear any confusion (:

Early update!! :D

Here is chapter 31, enjoy! (:

SM xx

_______________________________

 Emily's POV

It had been two days since I'd come home. It had been a couple of uneventful days consisting of me lazing around on my bed, eating, sleeping and chilling with my mum (I wasn't used to this at all).

My mom's advice was still floating around in my head.

"Go with your heart, and not your head."

Now what the hell was that supposed to mean?

still didn't know. It was so frustrating. I hated not knowing.

"Oomph," I grunted as I walked straight into the desk in my room, causing the book placed on it to fall and hit the floor. I bent over to pick it up, and a thick envelope flittered to the ground. Retrieving it, I opened the envelope around and saw that there were about thirty photos from my nineteenth birthday inside. My birthday had been a month ago but it felt like mere seconds. Had that much time really passed?

I picked a random picture and pulled it out of the envelope. It was a photo of Jade and I, hugging each other and laughing. I smiled, remembering the exact moment the picture had been taken. Jade had cracked a random stupid joke and Niall had decided to capture the moment. 

I flipped over to the second one. I grinned as I saw a picture of me kissing Zayn's cheek as he made a goofy face at the camera. The third picture was of Zayn, Niall and I posing like gangsters. A picture of Mel and I smiling and looking all pretty was also there. There was a picture of me on Harry's back, while the both of us were grinning like idiots. Pictures of me with random guests and the boys followed. There was also Josh, Dan and I, with a very pissed off looking Louis in the background. I smiled slightly, jealous Louis was always a funny Louis.

I looked at the next picture, which happened to be a picture of Zayn and Mel. I wondered how it had made its way in my envelope. But it was one of the most adorable pictures I had ever seen. It was one of those in-the-moment pictures which had been taken by Niall quite discretely. They were looking at each other and talking, shy smiles on both of their faces and even a stranger would be able to tell that they were fond of each other. 

I really hoped things worked out between the two of them. 

The following picture was a picture of all five members of One Direction and I, smiling happily. There were plenty of pictures of Niall, Zayn and I being total idiots, posing our socks off and generally being awesome. They were two of my bestest friends now, and I was glad that I atleast still had them.

My eyes wandered to the wall in front of me, the only empty corner of my room. An idea popped into my head and I grinned. I put the envelope down and reached for the tape on my desk. I spread out the pictures and then began sticking them to my wall, making a sort of memory wall.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a few pictures from other occasions too. There were a few from the baseball game Niall dragged me to a while back too. He didn't want to go alone, and the other boys were busy and couldn't be bothered to go, and I was nice enough to offer him my company even though I knew as much about football as Hitler knew about kindness.