31: Just Confess Already!

It's been a week since the whole sleep-talking incident. There was obvious sexual tension between you and Atsumu. The entire volleyball team was getting sick of it - even Kita had enough.

Suna glared at you and Atsumu, who were awkwardly trying to hold a study sesh. "Just confess to each other already! It's painful just watching you two act like this!"

The two of you jumped, surprised Suna had lost his cool like that. "C-confess? There's no reason ta confess. What're ya even talkin bout, Suna?" The two of you spoke in unison, your Hyogo accent coming out at the most perfect time.

Osamu frowned. "Ya two are even perfectly in sync."

"Denial isn't just a river in Utah." Ginjima spoke confidently.

You deadpanned. "The Nile river is in Egypt, Ginjima."

His eyes widened. "Really? Not Utah?"

You shook your head, disappointed by the stupidity that surrounds you from your fellow second years. "No. Utah is a state in America- the continent of North America. Egypt - where the Nile is - is on the African continent."

Atsumu turned to you, obviously confused. "Africa isn't a country?"

You facepalmed. "No, Tsumu, Africa isn't a country- it's a continent. Seriously, did you guys learn nothing in geography?"

The second years all turned their heads away, whistling random tunes. That gave a very obvious answer.

You sighed. "And this is why my lifespan has been shortened by like ten years."

Kita sighed. "You changed the topic, Y/n. Honestly, it was a pretty smart move to correct mistakes as a form of getting everyone distracted enough to drop our previous conversation topic."

You flinched- it's still creepy how Kita can see right through all of you. "Whaaaat? I would never." You scoffed, but you already knew you'd been caught.

Suna frowned. "You did change the topic once Ginjima made a mistake."

You rolled your eyes. "I liked that topic better than the first one."

Akagi was so close to glaring. "No. You and Atsumu's behavior is disgusting. We're tired of always seeing you two acting all awkward with each other- as if you hadn't seen him naked before."

You slammed your head onto the table, groaning loudy. "Please! Let me forget that!" You didn't really want to forget. You simply had to cover your face so no one would see your red face. Changing the topic would be the best way to keep you from losing your cool.

Atsumu wasn't hiding his blushing face. "Come on.... Do ya really have ta bring that up?"

Kita was the one to reply. "It's very obvious you haven't spoke to her about that thing I told you to do, Atsumu. And we're all painfully aware how you two like each other.

You shot your head up, once again speaking in unsion with Atsumu. "We do not!"

Osamu was glaring. "Ya do. Stop lyin. It's gettin on our nerves."

You and Atsumu slowly turned each other, noticing the other's brigh red face.

"So, uh- Y/n-chan...?"

You gulped. "Yeah, Tsumu?"

"Ya like... stars?"

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK YOU IDIOT?!" Everyone but you and Kita yelled at the fake blond.

Kita just sighed. "Language. And Atsumu... we all know you can do better than that."

While he was being scolded by the entire team - excluding you - you were taking this time to calm your nerves. Within the past week or so (possibly longer),you realized that you really did like Atsumu- as something more than a friend. But, you had been too nervous to do or say anything about it - except to Kita, who you told everything to.

You took a deep breath, speaking loud enough to gain the attention of the entire team. "Yeah, Tsumu, I do like stars. But I like you way more." You averted your gaze after saying it.

You felt it would be best to go along with what he said in the first place before saying what you knew needed to be said.

Everyone stared at you with wide eyes. Absolutey no one thought that you would actually say it.

Atsumu might've been the most shocked out of everyone there. "I- really? Ya really like stars?"

You facepalmed, understanding how the others felt with Atsumu. "Tsumu... did you miss the point or are you really that stupid?"

He looked away. "I just didn't expect ya ta actually say it...."

You smirked, preparing to tease him. "What? You asked if I liked stars- why wouldn't I give you my answer?"

The guys - not including the setter you just made fu of - began bursting out into laughter. Even Kita was chuckling.

Atsumu, was an embarrassed tomato. "Don't tease me too, Y/n-chan!"

You crossed your arms over your chest. "Then stop being a coward and confess to me like a man already!"

"Fine!" He stood up and raised his voice. "L/N Y/N, I'M IN LOVE WITH YA AND I HAVE BEEN FER TWO YEARS!"

You smiled. "See, that wasn't so hard- now was it?"

He sat down, being hit with the realization of what he just said. "Ya tricked me!"

"Did not."

"Did too!"

You rolled your eyes at him. "You were being a big cowardly baby. You needed to say something to me at some point."

Atsumu pouted, crossing his arms over his chest. "I woulda gotten ta it eventually."

You and the rest of the team just gave him a look that said "really?". You all deadpanned at him. "No, ya wouldn't've."

He whined, acting like the big baby we all know he is. "Yer all mean ta me!"

You giggled, ruffling his hair and quickly kissing his cheek before turning back to your books as if nothing had just happened. "Get back to studying."

Atsumu smiled like an idiot, his hand touching the spot you had jut kissed. "Ya just kissed me, Y/n!"

"No, I didn't. You're imagining things, Tsumu." You grinned, continuing to review your books."

The guys of team - you and Atsumu aren't included - let out a synchronized sigh. "Finally!"

Lemme just increase your sneakiness stats rq....
There we go!
Sneak: 100

Hope ya liked it. My shoulder started hurting while I was writing it cuz my posture is absolute shit

Anyways, take a pic of Hannah joining me on my bed once I got home from a long day of school.