Chapter 8: Confused Feelings

Start from the beginning

I miserably fell to my side and pushed the closest pillow next to me against my face and yelled into it, in hopes of calming myself or feeling better.
I sat back up and inhaled and exhaled deeply, trying to remain tranquil. Once I had calmed myself down more I really though about it.
Gosh, why do I like him anyway? Wait no, I don't even like him. I mean, he is just a friend.. nothing more, he will never be nothing more.. right?

Thomas Pov
I sighed and smiled as I gazed at Raechel dreamily once she started walking away. She's so sweet.. Such a shame she doesn't date anyone
I looked down at Bimbus and my face lit up even more. He was so cute just laying down in a cinnamon roll form.
Even if she did date, how would I get a chance with her?

Seconds later I was spooked from a sudden tap to my shoulders. I gasped sharply and turned to my right, which was the shoulder that had been tapped.
"My bad, didn't mean to scare you." Micheal chuckled.
"It's fine, I just didn't expect you to be here early, that's all." I admitted to him.
"Yeah me neither," he crossed his arms looking dissatisfied.

"Why? What happened?" I asked, curious if the situation.

"Well my sister accused me of stealing 20 bucks from her when I didn't! And then my mom was like, 'that's funny, I was going through my purse earlier and I was missing 4 dollars!' and without thinking about it I mocked her and I was like, 'oH wHatEver will I dO wiThOut mY 4 dolLaRs-'"

"Well that makes you seem like you took it." I spoke with a hint of laughter in the sentence, "You made it seem like taking 4 bucks wasn't a big deal."

"Well yeah, I notice now but then they really thought it was me, so they were going through my room, trashing it looking for money. Money I didn't even take!-"

"Shit, what happened?" Toast acknowledged Michael's shouting and joined us blind of the conversation.
Micheal turned to Toast gladly and repeated everything he just said to me. I grinned thinking the situation was silly, and Micheal always had some witless family drama that was never serious.
My eyes traced to where I last saw Raechel, my mouth curved into a quick frown seeing she wasn't there anymore.
"Yup, so that's what happened with me!" Micheal said resuming his usual position, with his crossed arms, and an angry expression.
"Wait so could we still go over?" Toast asked, wondering if his mother would still be ok with us attending.
"Oh, yeah. I'm just gonna ignore them when we get over there."
-
We sat at the park for about 30 more minutes, and it was mainly just a conversation between Toast and Micheal, they weren't leaving me out or anything, I was just too distracted to include myself. I was distracted because I had something on my mind, and that was Raechel. Gosh, I didn't even know where to start, am I growing feelings? Should I be concerned for the way I feel about her? What if she doesn't like me back? I'll just make a fool out of myself! I let out a stressed sigh that stopped the conversation between Toast and Micheal.
"You ok?" Micheal said bumping my arm, taking notice of my deep sigh.
"Yeah, yeah. I'm.. I'm fine."
I looked at them with a frown, that soon blended into a forced smile, but I was still ready to strike up a conversation with them hoping we wouldn't talk about my issues.
"Come on buddy, just tell us what's wrong. Do you feel left out? Or do you feel sick? What's wrong?"

"It's just..Raechel." I admitted looking up, confused and sad.

"What happened? Did she do something wrong?" Toast asked concerned for my feelings.

"No, she's actually super nice." I looked down wondering if I should be thinking about it this much, "I just don't know how to feel about her."

"What do you mean? You think you're falling for her or something?"

I exhaled out of frustration, I ran my fingers through my hair trying to find the words I wanted to say, "I..don't know. She's great, she relates on so many things, she talks to me. I feel like I can talk to her. I mean, we watched a movie together too! I tutor her, and we bond." I smiled as I retrieved the memories. I looked up slightly and my eyes met toast and Micheal, they seemed kind of weirded out as why we were so close.