Reflection

#104daysofsummervacation
#104daysofchenford
#Day4

Lucy

She couldn't sleep.

It had nothing to do with the fact that she had initiated a passionate kiss with Tim Bradford and he had turned the tables, kissing her within an inch of her life.
Nothing at all.
Nothing.
She stared blankly into the dark void.
She turned onto one side.
Then the other.
. . .

Okay, so it had everything to do with it. Frustrated, she rolled out of bed and stalked to the kitchen, groping in the darkness for a spoon and the ice cream. Then she replayed it in her mind.

Over and over.
Searching for ways she could analyze it, rationalize it.
Things got progressively worse (or better, depending on how she wanted to look at it).

The passion that had exploded between them had made her desperate. Not to prove a point, as she wanted so badly to believe, but desperate for his touch. Some unknown desire had been awoken under his touch. It craved his warmth, his touch, his essence, his everything. It was like a real-life Sleeping Beauty moment. Only it shouldn't have been.

She could have pulled away. There was the opportunity to do so.
But she didn't.
She had instead become pleasurably lost. She could have stayed in his arms, with his lips pressed to hers.

The deeper she delved into the issue, the more frightened she became of the implications.
She liked the way it felt, being in his arms.
That kiss made her feel like she was the most important thing in the world to him.

She was too upset to consider specifics.
Like, did she have feelings for Tim? She couldn't even consider it. Not because of the job or even Chris and Ashley. But because there was no way she could approach it fairly when everything in her mind and body was divided.

Her lips wanted his on them.
Her mind did not.
Her bare skin trembled, desirous for his touch.
Her mind did not.

She finished the ice cream, coming to the conclusion that this was not something they would be able to ignore. It was not something she could discredit in any way. It was not something she could rush.

She still was not going to be able to sleep. And she climbed back under her comforter in an even more restless state than before.

But she managed to take a peculiar comfort in the knowledge that when she had chosen not to pull out of the kiss, he hadn't either. Whatever that meant...maybe it would make it easier to address.

A/N: Really quick, I want people to know that these chapters are interconnected at least in one way or another. Just wanted to clarify just in case it's not as obvious in some of the future segments.