Tying Loose Ends

#104daysofsummervacation
#104daysofchenford
#Day20

"Wait so, you broke up with Ashley and still went to Hawaii with her?"
"Yes, I'm realizing that it sounds worse than it was."
"So...how'd that work?"
"She actually broke up with me. I let her make the decision after I told her about everything. Then I said she could go to Hawaii with someone else if she wanted to. But she didn't have a problem with me still coming. We got there, I just hung out by myself most of the time. Went snorkeling, took a bunch of pictures, and ya know, relaxed. She found a group of people to hang out with and I think she had a good time."

Lucy burst out laughing, "That sounds like the most awkward situation."
"It really wasn't."
.    .    .

"So...what happened with you and Chris?"
"Ah. Well, I told him what happened, and he wasn't happy and broke up with me. But he said he should have seen it coming."
"Yeah."
"It's weird, how they seemed to know before us."
"I'm pretty sure most people did."
"Still weird."
.    .    .

"So..."
"So..." she smiled.
"Where do we go from here?"
She snuggled in next to him. "We go where we want."

"What does that mean?"
She strained upward, kissing him.

Kissing him because she could.
It was a peculiar feeling. 
But she didn't want to lose it.
Ever.

"It means whatever we want it to."

A/N: This is way off-topic. But I saw Top Gun: Maverick with my family (like a week ago when this comes out). AHHHHHHHHH. I am in love. It is definitely one of the best movies I have seen in theaters recently. Obviously, nothing can compare to the OG. But given that a lot of sequels suck, it certainly lived up to the expectations.