Chapter 22

A/N This chapter has a constant switch between Elena's POV and Stefan's POV which might get confusing, just saying.

Stefan Salvatore

" He's dead " repeated Damon, holding my left upper arm. I yanked my arm out his grip and rushed down the stairs.

" Stefan " called Damon. I pushed past the various people on the ground floor. Soon I was outside, away from everyone. I took a deep breath, sliding on to the bench.

" Stefan? Are you okay " asked a familiar voice. My head shot up and my eyes met Elena's.

" Elena, just go away. Please " I urged her as I knew what would happen. He would take over. My worst nightmare.

Elena Gilbert

" Elena, just go away, please " Stefan urged. I was taken aback by his reply.

" Stefan what's wrong? " I asked.

" Leave. Now " he glared.

" But- " I began.

" Elena! Not everything's perfect. Get out your fucking bubble and realise people don't want you around " Stefan shouted. I winced. This wasn't Stefan. Stefan was sweet, caring and loving. He wasn't...this.

" Stefan this isn't you " I managed not to break.

" Get the fuck away from me! " he growled, standing up. He was 6ft frame much taller than my 5'7 frame.

" Stefan, please " I murmured, a tear rolling down my cheek. I cupped his face with my hands. He pushed my hands off, glaring. I wiped yet another tear falling down my cheek.

" Elena, LEAVE " he shouted making me flinch.

" Okay, then. Have it your way. I'll leave you forever " I whimpered with all I had left in me. I walked off, my heart breaking. I walked and walked and walked until I was lost. The street was deserted. I couldn't hold it anymore I broke out crying, sliding down a wall. I landed on the floor, my face buried in my hands. He's gone. He's really gone. The love of my life was gone.

" Are you okay? "

I looked up to see Bonnie.

" Elena " she gasped dropping down to my side. She wrapped me in to a hug. I stayed there crying in to her shoulder.

" What happened? " Bonnie asked wiping a tear away from my face.

" Stef- Stefan " I managed to say. Bonnie pulled out her phone and started typing.

" Caroline and Rebekah and Lexi are coming to pick us up, okay? " Bonnie said softly. I nodded, whimpering.

" He- he lost it...I don't know Bonnie. I don't know " I started out whispering, getting quieter till my voice was inaudible.

" Elena, you have me Rebekah, Caroline and Lexi. We will never leave you " Bonnie assured. For a few minutes Bonnie held me while I cried. I heard a honk of a car and my head shot up. A black convertible stopped at the sidewalk, in front of me and Bonnie. A blonde head ran out to me and Bonnie.

" Elena! " she cried before squeezing me in to hug. She too had joined me and Bonnie on the dusty pavement. Lexi and Rebekah ran out too.

" Elena, are you okay? " they both exclaimed in unison. I let out a giggle. Before I knew we were are laughing, holding our stomachs. Nothing was funny, but it felt good to laugh. I remember the time when I laughed so hard because Stef-

Tears gathered in my eyes and I stopped laughing. Caroline lifted herself form the pavement, brushing off dirt from her dress.

" We are all going back to school and we are going to watch chick flicks all day. Just us girls, no boys " Caroline held a hand out to me. I gratefully took and got up and I helped Bonnie up.