Chapter 19

Elena POV

" Morning Mr and Miss Gilbert " said the driver opening the door. I thanked him sitting in the car.

" Jeremy, what were you talking about when you said mom and dad are fighting? What are they fighting about? " I asked as soon as the driver started up the engine.

" Look, I don't know....all I heard was shouting " he lied. Jeremy was an idiot, I was his sister. I knew when he lied. I mumbled a quiet sure before zoning out. Jeremy looked at the coaches which passed by with students filled in them.

" Looks like quite a lot of people are going " he said trying to make conversation.

" I guess " I said. From the corner of my eye I saw Jeremy smirk.

" What? " I asked frowning.

" It's just there's something I remember " he said inching closer to me.

" Jeremy, your scaring me " I said. His hands stuck out and he began tickling me. I let out a small squeal and then I erupted into laughter.

" Oh...please...Jeremy.
..my...stomach...hurts " I managed to say between laughs. He finally stopped and I sighed deeply. Even though I was still angry at him there was a huge grin on my face.

" I remember when you were mad I used to tickle you and you immediately were happy " he said leaning back.

" Were here " I said looking out at the huge town hall. There were 4 aligned turrets at each corner with flags flapping wildly in the air.

" Damn, it's cold " I shivered as I stepped out the car.

" This way Miss and Mr Gilbert " said a thin man leading us towards the entrance.

" The hall was filled with students dressed in formal dresses and suits. There were small murmurs but no loud noise. We walked around the back into a narrow hallway which lead to a room, which I presumed was the backstage. I saw Mom and Dad sitting quite far apart and only making small talk. I sat down between them to make it less awkward.

" How was the ride honey? " asked Mom.
" Good, except when Jeremy tickled the hell outta me " I replied. She let out a small giggle.

" You know there are going to be many handsome soldiers, perhaps only a few years older than you " she winked.

" Yeah...about that. I have to tell you both something " I trailed on.

" Were listening " said Dad leaning forward.

" Well I kinda...have a boyfriend. Stefan. You met him when you came to my school " I said wiping my sweaty palms on my dress.

" Honey, did you keep this from us? " asked Mom shocked.

" No, no. I just needed the right time " I explained.

" Well that's bad. I mean great for you but not so much for us " sighed Dad using his fingers to rub his temples.

" Why? "

" Because we already arranged you a meeting with a soldier " .