Chapter 20

" A-a meeting? " I asked.
" Honey, we are truly sorry we had no idea. We would stop this- " began Dad before I rather rudely cut him off.
" Would? What's that supposed to mean " I demanded.
" Well we shook on it but- " started Dad.
" Shook on it! How could you shake on who I date " I said close to leaving.
" Please, we'll try to make an arrangement- " Dad began again before a security guard entered nodding at my dad. He sighed getting up along with me, Mom and Jer.
" We will discuss this later " said Dad before following the security guard. He led us down a narrow corridor which lead to the stairs to the stage.

" Here we have the president and his family "
There was a unison of applauding. I followed my dad on to the stage with Jeremy and Mom close behind. I noticed Stefan in the various rows, smiling at me. I gave him a smile back. The host went on talking but I zoned off thinking what if my parents were serious at the meeting.

Oh god, please don't be true.

There was another round of claps breaking me away from my thoughts. I looked up to see soldiers appearing on the stage. They would shake our hands then finally my father's, who gave them a certificate.

" Liam Parker " the host said as a tall man, not much older than me appeared. He had blonde hair which swept over his forehead and crystal blue eyes. He was...nice looking but Stefan was MUCH more attractive. Mom leaned closer to me and whispered in my ear.

" That's him "

He walked up to me shaking my hand giving me a wink. I had to stop myself from glaring at him. He obviously knew I was the girl. Once he had left the stage I took the opportunity to whisper to Mom.

" No "

She frowned at me. I noticed Dad looking at me from the corner of my eyes and I mouthed ' No ' to him. A frown appeared on his face too. What was there problem, I was with Stefan and I loved him. This ' Liam ' guy didn't appeal to me. Even his name made me cringe. His eyes were nice..kinda. I looked over at Stefan who's jaw was slack and staring where Liam had exited from. For some apparent reason I found it cute he was jealous. He saw the wink, he might get the wrong idea. Note to self, talk to Stefan.

After and hour the ceremony was over and I was sitting next to my Mom at the after party. I noticed Stefan sipping on a glass of champagne. I excused myself and walked over to Stefan.

" Stefan " I said. He turned round giving me a small smile.

" Elena, can I ask you something? " he asked. I nodded as I slightly turned nervous.

" On the stage.. The guy winked...." He began unsure how to continue. I let out a small laugh.

" Stefan, it's okay I promise you I felt like puking when he winked " I grinned. He smiled along with me. He leaned down giving me a peck on the cheek, making my heart warm.

" Stefan, guess what's coming up " I said excitedly.

" Umm....I don't know " he said. A frown appeared on my face as a smile spread on to his.

" Of course I know, it's your birthday "

I couldn't help smile that he remembered. I felt a hand lean on my shoulder. I turned round to see Liam smiling at me.

" Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Liam " he said. I shrugged his hand off and held a hand out.

" Elena, this is my boyfriend, Stefan " I said as he shook it. I noticed his smile slightly faltered as I said boyfriend. He shook Stefan's hand giving him a fake smile.

" Mind if I steal your girl for a minute, this is my favourite song " he said looking at Stefan.

" Not at all " he said as Liam pulled me away to the ballroom. His hands were placed on hips, which I cringed at. My hands were on his shoulders as the song began to play.

" You know this isn't actually my favourite song " Liam said to me.

" Um...I should go, Stefan's waiting for me " I said.

" No, I mean please come with me " he said as my hands slipped of his shoulders, and his off my waist. I hesitantly followed him as he lead me up a staircase to an empty room. The room was a library as it was filled with many bookcases with books neatly placed in them. I heard the door click shut behind me, suddenly panic filled me.

" Liam- " I began before I was pulled to his body and his lips crushed against mine.