Jessica Davis: Jesus! What the hell, Justin?

Justin Foley: I'm sorry. I needed to see you.

Jessica Davis: I'm gonna scream.

Justin Foley: I texted and I called.

Jessica Davis: I'm gonna call the police.

Justin Foley: Jess, please, I was trying to protect you.

Jessica Davis: Protect me? Seriously?

Justin Foley: I thought if you didn't know, if no one found out...

Jessica Davis: What? I'd be fine? I'd go about my life? You and I would get married and live happily ever after?

Justin Foley: That's what I wanted, was for us to... to be together. Forever.

Jessica Davis: You let him. You let him.

Justin Foley: No, I was drunk.

Jessica Davis: And I was scared.

Justin Foley: So was I. Bryce was at the...

Jessica Davis: Don't say that name!

Justin Foley: I'm sorry, it's just that... Every time I was thrown out, when my mom was fucked up, one of her boyfriends was fucking with me... he was there for me. When I had no money, when I was starving, his folks bought my shit for school. Okay, when my mom was busted for possession, he got his dad to bail her out.

Jessica Davis: They do that shit so they can own you.

Justin Foley: No. Okay? Last year, I couldn't afford new shoes for basketball. I went through 4 pairs that season. When we got to playoffs, they just had, like, holes. Bryce didn't offer to buy me new shoes. He pretended he had an extra pair. 

Jessica Davis: Justin. Are you seriously trying to make excuses for what you did?

Justin Foley: No. I just want you to understand...

Jessica Davis: And I want you to understand what it's like to be raped. But I truly hope you never will. Jess.

Jessica Davis: No.

The doorbell rings.

Jessica Davis: I'm gonna go get that, and you're gonna go back out the window.

Jessica goes downstairs to answer the door as Justin goes out through the window. Since Clay is still suspended from school. He decided to go to the hospital to see Hannah. He sits on the chair next to her bed.

Clay Jensen: He's going to pay for what he did to both you & Jessica. Hannah, I swear to you... I'll make sure he pays.

Clay stays for a little while before he leaves the hospital. He stops by the Baker's store as Andy is working behind the pharmacy counter. Clay purchases some candy, blue nail polish, & a cassette tape. After purchasing those items, Clay sneaks into Liberty to meet with Tony inside a empty classroom.

Tony Padilla: I gotta tell you, the perfect disguise for Clay Jensen is not a hoodie.

Clay Jensen: Did you bring it?

Tony opens his backpack and takes out a tape recorder, the same one Hannah used.

Tony Padilla: As requested.

Clay Jensen: I knew you'd have one.

Clay opens up his backpack, takes out the walkman and gives it back to Tony as he takes the tape recorder.