Chapter 51: Love Is Love

As the dance goes on, Jessica has ditched Charlie for Diego as she begins slow dancing with him. As mostly everyone are dancing to a slow song, Clay & Ani take a break on the bleachers. Clay just looks at Ani who's slow dancing in front of him while he's sitting down on the bleachers resting.

Clay Jensen: You, uh... You look beautiful.

Ani Achola: Thank you. You look quite handsome.

Clay Jensen: You don't have to say that.

Clay gets up and joins Ani for a slow dance.

Clay Jensen: I look tired and messed up.

Ani Achola: You look just as handsome as the first day I met you.

Clay Jensen: I was tired and messed up that day too.

They slow dance as their head connect with each other as they both reach in for a kiss. Just as their lips touched, Clay's phone begins to vibrate. Clay takes out his phone as Ani just looks at it and then at him as Clay begins to panic as he answers the call.

Clay Jensen: Hello? Hello?

Distorted Voice: Having fun with your girlfriend? Kiss her one more time before it's too late.

The caller then hangs up as Ani checks on Clay as he begins to shakily breath.

Ani Achola: Clay, what's going on? Just tell me. Tell me, please.

Clay takes Ani behind the bleachers. Clay sets his phone on the bleachers as he just told Ani everything. Ani asks him why didn't he say any of the stuff that the caller had him do.

Clay Jensen: Because they told me not to say anything.

Ani Achola: OK, "they" who?

Clay Jensen: I don't fucking know.

Ani Achola: But you trust them more than me?

Clay Jensen: No, I don't trust them, Ani. That's fuck... That's crazy.

Ani Achola: OK, then, why didn't you tell me? How am I supposed to take care of it?

Clay Jensen: What if you can't take care of it? What if there's nothing you can do? And what if that's all we have? Or ever had? The fucking disaster, and then cleaning it up. What if there's no fixing it? What do we have then, you and me?

Ani Achola: What do you want, Clay?

Clay Jensen: I just want it to be over. I wanna live a stupid, boring life, and I wanna fucking sleep at night.

Ani Achola: I do too, OK?

Clay Jensen: So?

Clay's phone stars vibrating as he just looks at it.

Ani Achola: Don't answer. Just don't, Clay. Just let it be over, don't answer.

The cell phone continues to vibrate as Clay ignores Ani. Ani tries to stop him as he picks up his phone.

Clay Jensen: Hello?

Distorted Voice: Get the fuck out of there, now.

Ani shakes her head as she plead Clay not to do anything the caller says. Clay had no choice as he walks away leaving Ani all worried.

I arrive to the dance as I park my car in the parking lot. As I was making my way to the gym, I stop and see Justin getting dropped off by Coach Kerba. Justin starts making his way to the gym as he stops when he spots me.