24: University Letter

Edited: 02/07/2022

I woke up to the steady stream of sunlight bursting through my bedroom window.

I looked over and admired Caleb's sleeping form. His lips looked soft, his hair was tousled, and his nostrils were flaring slightly as he took deep, slow breaths. I snuggled closer to him so that my head rested on his chest. I could hear his heartbeat beating as if it were my own.

I traced my fingers along his jawline and down to his biceps. I leant in and kissed his cheek lightly. I closed my eyes for just a second as I soaked in this moment and how happy I was.

When I opened my eyes, he was looking back at me with the same look.

"Good morning beautiful" Caleb said.

I smile at him, letting my fingers lightly brush over his face, back and chest. "I love you" I whispered again.

He smiled, kissing my nose. "I love you."

I leaned forward and pressed my lips against his. The kiss was gentle and made me smile.

We laid in each other's arms for what felt like eternity before we finally decided to get up and start the day.

As I showered, I really stopped to think about everything that happened yesterday.

Caleb was now my boyfriend. This was the happiest I had felt in a long time. He made me feel so loved and safe and I always felt like he had my back. He made me want to be the best version of myself.

I quickly washed my hair while singing a song that I have been working on. My body wash wafted through the air and the windows were quick to fog up.

I wanted to make sure I looked nice today with it being our first day as a couple. By the time I was ready, my hair had been put up into a nice up-do with a few strands hanging up out the front. I wore a pair of light blue denim jeans and a white floral tie up shirt.

As I walked out of the bathroom, there was a knock on my bedroom door. I opened it and I was surprised to see Mike and Sarah.

"Hey" I exclaimed, "what are you doing here?"

"We just wanted to come and say hi" Mike said, walking in.

"You look pretty" Sarah smiled, pulling me in for a hug.

"Thanks, so do you. I actually have something to tell you guys" I smiled, sitting on my bed.

"Caleb and I are dating. He asked me to be his girlfriend yesterday" I squealed.

"That is so amazing" Sarah squealed in excitement as well.

"I am glad you are happy Bee, I like him. He is a great guy" Mike said approvingly.

"We actually have something to tell you as well" Caleb smiled.

"I knew that you were not here to just say hi" I laughed.

My laughing instantly stopped when I saw Sarah raise her left hand showing me the ring.

"Oh. My. God" I stuttered in shock.

"Congratulations" I screamed, tackling them to the bed.

"How did you do it? When did you do it? How did you respond? I have so many questions" I laughed, rambling.

Sarah and Mike begun telling the story about the proposal and to say it was beautiful was an understatement. Mike had organised an outdoor picnic and when Sarah turned around to get the food, Mike was there waiting with ring. Sarah turned back around and started crying as Mike proposed and then she said yes!