11: Katie's Birthday (Part II)

Edited: 30/06/2022

"Okay, I think we are done" I smiled, throwing the last hay bale on the floor of the barn.

Inside the barn there was a DJ, a dance floor, a selfie area with props and an area in the corner which had some snacks and beverages. The inside looked amazing but the real magic happened outside the barn. There were fairy lights hanging everywhere and everything looked absolutely incredible.

"This looks breathe taking" Noah said as he walked into the backyard through the house.

"Yeah, it looks pretty good doesn't it" I smiled in awe.

"Happy Birthday" he yelled, almost tackling Katie to the floor.

"Thank you. You look great" she smiled, opening the presents that he had just given her.

She was not joking when she said that he looked great, he looked like a real cowboy from a movie.

"I think you two are going to be the hottest cowgirls at the party" he laughed.

"Don't you know it" I smirked.

"I cannot believe how much you two and my family have spoilt me, thanks guys."

"Well you only turn eighteen once" Noah bumped Katie's shoulder.

"I am just going to go and put the sign on the door saying to use the side gate" I said.

I walked through the house and just as I was about to open the front door, Sam came up from behind me and scared me.

"Sam! What are you trying to do, give me a heart attack?" I breathed heavily, placing my hand over my heart.

"You should have seen your face" he laughed.

I opened the door and sticky taped the sign onto the wooden surface before closing it and locking it so that no one could get through that way.

"Come on, we have to do a birthday shot" I laughed, pulling him through the hallways.

"Katie, I think it is time that you have your first legal shot" I smiled, handing her a glass full of vodka.

"On three, one... two... three" everyone through their glasses back, letting the clear liquid burn its way down our throats.

At exactly seven, Katie turned the music on and a few minutes later several guests burst through the side gate leaving their presents on a table near the entry.

I made up some extra strong drinks and took them over to Katie, Sam and Noah who gladly accepted them.

Noah took a sip and immediately started coughing. "Bianca! How much alcohol is in this?"

"Enough to get this party started" I cheered while walking to the dance floor.

"The party is already here" Noah rolled his eyes, gesturing to himself.

Rolling my eyes, I looked around to find the dance floor already flooded with people. I squeezed through them and started jumping up and down and swaying my hips to the beat of the song.

"I cannot dance while holding this" I laughed as I chugged the rest of my drink. I started coughing at the extreme taste of alcohol but continued to dance along with Katie, Noah, and Sam.

"Bianca, that is going to go straight to your head" Sam laughed.

"Yeah, you go girl" Katie smiled, following my actions, and finishing her drink as well.

As I was dancing, someone put their hands on my hips. "Hey princess."

"Caleb" I squealed, turning around to hug him.