12: First Year Anniversary

Edited: 01/07/2022

The drive home was agonizing. It felt like Mike was hitting every speed bump on purpose just to make me regret how drunk I got last night.

"How is the hangover?" Mike asked as he hit another speed bump.

"A bit better after some food and coffee however it is not helping when you keep hitting those stupid bumps. When I get home, I will have some pain relief, go for a run and have a nice shower" I said quietly.

"Sounds like you know what you are doing" he raised an eyebrow.

"It is not like I have never had a hangover before" I chuckled slightly.

"Also, mum called me this morning. She has to extend her trip for another two weeks. She said that she will call you tomorrow but she has already spoken to Julie and Julie said it is fine" he finished.

"You have got to be kidding me! She was supposed to be home next week and now you are telling me that I have to spend another two weeks without her. Mikey, I want to go home. I miss my own bed" I seethed.

"I know you do but mum really needs us to understand and be there for her at the moment Bee"

"I guess, it just feels like she is never going to come home" I murmured.

"You know that is not true" he sighed.

"Alright, I will leave you to it. Have fun tonight" he said giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Love you Mikey"

"Love you Bee"

I was met with silence as I entered the house so I decided now would be the perfect time to start this hangover cure.

Step 1, go for a run.

Walking up to my bedroom, I quickly got dressed into a pair of yoga shorts and a sports bra before chucking my hair up into a tight and secure ponytail.

took some pain relief and plugged in my headphone as I took off full speed down the street.

Soon enough, I arrived back home with a layer of sweat covering my entire body. I was stopped short by wolf whistles. Turning around, I saw the three boys sitting in the lounge room.

"Morning boys" I smiled, deciding to ignore their childish behaviour.

"How exactly are you standing right now?" Matt asked.

"Greasy food, coffee, pain relief and a run" I laughed.

"And now a shower, so excuse me" I smiled walking upstairs and into my room.

To Will: Happy anniversary! Are we still on for tonight?

To Bianca: You too. I will pick you up at five.

To Will: Okay see you then x

I jumped into the shower and remained there for a little bit longer than usual, letting my muscles relax under the heat. Eventually, I stepped out of the shower with a towel wrapped securely around my body.

I went into my wardrobe and put on a pair of shorts and a grey jumper that reads proud supporter of messy hair and sweatpants.

"What are you guys up to today?" I said, sitting myself down on the lounge in between Matt and Drew.

"Matt and I are going to stay here for a bit" Drew said.

"Sounds good" I said as my phone started ringing, "excuse me."

"Katie, you are awake. How is your head?" I laughed.

"Shut up, it is pounding" she whined.

"Have some greasy food, some coffee and a cold shower and you will be fine" I assured her.