Flame

Tech laid on his back under the ship. The engine problems were beginning to become a much bigger problem as time went on. Now that they were finally able to land, Tech decided that it would be perfect to work on it before the others got back, aside from his little helper.

He smiled to himself as Omega asked yet again if he needed anything. She was always so willing to help him which was more than he could say for his brothers. At least Wrecker and Echo attempted to be useful unlike Hunter or Crosshair.

"Omega, could you hand me the screw next to Gonky?" Tech called out. He didn't have to wait long before Omega's head appeared.

"Here you go, Tech," she said with a smile, handing him the piece of metal.

"Thank you, this should be it for now," Tech said as he quickly tightened the screw and crawled out from under the Marauder.

"Tech, can we go out to the market later?" Omega asked as she followed the technician into the ship and into the cockpit. "I've saved up some credits and wanna see if there's anything, maybe more paint for my trooper doll."

Tech couldn't say no to her. Not when she looked at him with those big brown eyes of hers. He understood why Hunter gave her almost anything she asked for which was rarely ever as she was mostly concerned for everyone else before herself.

"Of course, Omega. Let me do something real quick. Why don't you go get your credits and I'll meet you outside."

Omega nodded, bouncing away to the gunners mound excitedly.

Tech entered the cockpit and picked up his datapad. He quickly scrolled through the list of jobs that Cid wanted them to take. He promised Hunter that he would look through the list to see which ones were closest to them while they were off planet. He finally settled on a spice pickup which paid an amount that would last them about a week before needing to go out again. He carefully set the datapad back in his chair before walking out to find the youngest member.

"Omega, are you-" Tech stopped abruptly as Omega ran right into him. She was rambling about something he couldn't quite understand, but he could tell she was panicked. "Omega, I need you to talk slower please."

"There's people outside. Bad people. They're armed and-" Omega jumped as the door to the ship began to spark and within a few seconds it flew open, revealing three angry looking Lasats.

Tech shoved Omega behind him as he reached for his blaster, but he wasn't quick enough as one of them lunged for him, grabbing his arms and pinning them behind his back.

"Not so fast, clone," the gruffer one spat as Tech struggled against the iron grip. "We've got some unfinished business to settle." Tech looked worriedly at Omega as she was handcuffed and brought into the cockpit with him.

Tech was roughly thrown into a chair as his arms were now cuffed behind him. He sent a glare to the leader of the small gang from under his goggles.

"I know you don't remember us, clone, but we remember your group. After all, you did steal from us. And you know what happened then?" The Lasat growled in Tech's face, drawing a line down his own face with his claw over a long scar.

"Seeing as how we haven't actually met, I wouldn't know," Tech said back, earning him a hit to the head with a blaster.

"Don't play smart with me! You see, when your clone gang stole from us, my boss wasn't so happy. He decided to give me a nice little parting gift."

Tech gulped as he had a feeling of where the conversation was going now. The Lasat stood back, reaching into his pocket and taking out a lighter, letting the orange flame flicker.