𝒔𝒊𝒙 ... want to change my mind

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

chapter vi: want to change my mind

chapter vi:
want to change my mind

FAY HEISTATED AS SHE REACHED FOR THE DOORKNOB. With a heavy sigh, Fay shrugged off her doubts and placed the key into the lock, twisting so the door opened freely. Fay's chest felt heavy. April had suggested getting a ride from one of her friends—Vern—and Fay requested if they could make a quick stop over at her house.

She wanted to apologise to her dad about what happened last night on sneaking out ... because Fay knew the possibility that it might be the last time ever. She walked in to see her father sitting upright on the couch, his glare burning into the TV.

She went to call out for him until he abruptly stood and turned to look at Fay. His face was stern but she watched as his features dropped, becoming more worried as he took in her appearance. Her face was all scratched up and a couple bruises littering her body.

"Dad—" Immediately, the man waltzed over to the girl's side, cupping her cheek in his hand and examined her face. His brows were puckered, "what happened? Where the hell were you? I told you—"

Fay nodded, pulling out of his grip, "I know, dad, but I can't talk a lot, all right? I just wanted to come and say I'm sorry before—" Her dad scoffed, shaking his head at his little girl. He couldn't believe what she was saying. Sneaking out when he had deliberately told her to go to her room, "are you serious right now, Brianna?"

Fay winced at the use of her middle name. Whenever her father would use her middle name instead of her given name, she was in deep shit, "I told you I've been worried for you when you sneak out, staying gone all night, and what do you do? You sneak out again."

Fay tried to calm her father down as his volume began to raise, "I know, and I'll explain everything when I come back, I promise—" Gabriel shook his head, crossing his arms, "no! Fay, just no! I don't want to hear what you have to say, okay? Because I've given you too many chances. I've told you too many times and you still do the same shit ... like, no matter what I do it seems to be not good enough."

Fay had tears built in her eyes. Hearing the way his voice broke as he yelled. Fay hated to get yelled out ... especially by her father but it was certainly a given with all secrets between them. She desperately wanted to pour everything out until her heart's content, to pull him into a big hug but her mind was set on her brothers.

She shook her head, turning around and going over to the door. Gabriel inched forward, a scoff leaving his mouth and watched as his daughter took hold of the doorknob, "you walk out that door ..." He paused, "you're not my daughter anymore," Fay's complete body went paralysed with tears lingering.

She paused, wanting to turn back and just apologise for how bad of a daughter she had been. Explain her nail ties and the turtles for him—how one day of her being injected with something unknown had changed her life. Something that was the reason for winding up in the sewers to find her family.

But with Leo, Mikey and Donnie in danger and Splinter in critical health, she couldn't. She grasped the knob, opened the door and quickly closed it behind her leaving Gabriel to himself.

The man heavily sighed, regretting his decision and his back pressed against one of the walls and he held his head in his hands, beginning to sob for all the loss and stress he'd gone through. For, ultimately, losing his daughter.

Fay, too, didn't move her back pressed against the door of the apartment but instead silently cried into the palm of her hand. She cried of miss and loss, missing her big brother and mother—they would know what to do—for wrecking her relationship between her father and her, for the Foot Clan coming into the lair and invading the place that was like a second home to Fay. For her brothers that were taken and second father that was in poor condition.

   Walking back down the apartment and over to the van where Raph was hidden in the back, April and Vern sat in the front, she trembled. The teenage girl's face was puffy and flustered, the tears staining her face that had previously fallen and Raph knew almost immediately what happened.

   Spending most his life with the young girl, he noticed the small things about her behaviour that related to how she felt. The way she tightened her fists at her side, her breathing shaky and eyes bloodshot—he knew she had gotten into a fight with her dad that ended up terrible.

   Fay would ramble on and on in the sewers about how her father and her continued to fight ... but lately it had gotten worse, leading to the previous events that had just occurred.

   The auburn-haired girl ignored the worried glances coming from April and the slight confused frown on Vern's face as she crawled into the back of the van and saw Raph peering his eyes into the girl with concern. And she broke down.

   She wanted to run back into that apartment and fall into the warm embrace of her father but it was too late. She couldn't change her mind now. It would have to wait ...

   Fay was zoned out in the back of the van as Raph shook his head at the consistent rambling of Vern, "yeah, I've thought about

Fay was zoned out in the back of the van as Raph shook his head at the consistent rambling of Vern, "yeah, I've thought about ... I've thought about doing, not becoming a ninja, but I was doing a bunch of yoga, for like, ten days at one point, and, uh, I pulled a hamstring."

April, ignoring Vern's chatter, pointed through the front glass of the van, "there's the gate right there," Vern nodded along April, voicing, "there it is," Fay lifted her head, coming back to her senses and looked in front of her. There, in front of the van, was the estate containing Leonardo, Michelangelo and Donatello.

Raphael leaned forward in the middle of where April and Vern sat, "ran the gate," He said sternly. Vern puckered his brows, incredulously stating, "ram the gate? This is Channel Six property."

"I said ram the gate!" Raph yelled in the middle and Vern obliged, picking up the speed of the vehicle, "alright, everybody, strap in!" Fay held onto whatever she could as she didn't have any proper seat nor seat belt. She jumped in the back of the van, groaning as the shoulder that was injured bumped into the side, colliding with the van's wall.

As gunshots were being shot, causing the glass to smash from the front of the van, Fay kept her head low. Avoiding all the shots. Clashing into one of the last wooden gates and Vern backtracked the vehicle. Fay, April and Vene made sure to duck down out of the gunshots' aim as Raph smashed through the van, attacking the soldiers that shot at them.

Raph opened the door on Vern's side, "follow me!" He ordered which April and Fay didn't hesitate whilst Vern looked back at his van, inspecting the damage that Raph had caused.