This is why we can't have nice things

Anyone can hurt you, in a variety of ways. People you know since you were a kid, an unlikely friend, a boyfriend, a girlfriend, a brother, a sister, a parent, anyone! You never expect it, it always comes out of nowhere. Always ready to rain on your parade. But they all say forgive and forget.

What if you've been hurt too many times though?

Can you forgive?

Are you even able to?

And what if the same person hurts you once, twice, three times. Just for the reason that you were always so ready to forgive and forget, just because you wanted...no needed, to have them in your life in one way or another.

What can you do then?

Can you forgive?

And what will people say, huh?

Some will say you are too naive for giving second and third chances to the same person! So, for once you try, and hear them out! And you realise, finally, they are right what is the point? You choose the easy way out, you don't forgive. But people are always, watching, listening, judging. They do not agree with your decision, they cast you as mean, manipulative, any bad thing that can come to mind.

And you wonder; Am I alone?

Is anyone gonna be on my side?

And when you think that no-one cares, no-one believes, a real friend, a partner, a parent... they are there, they care, they believe! They don't care what people got to say. They won't be reading what every cheap magazine got to say about you, they listen to you and all the drama you bring but they are always there, always caring, always believing. And eventually you come to a conclusion, "this is why we can't have nice things, because you break them, I had to take them...away".