You belong with me

Have you ever been in love with someone you couldn't have?

Have you ever been in love with the guy that lived next door to you?

Have you ever been in love with the guy that was also your best friend?

Well I have... and let me tell you it's not that easy. If you haven't guessed it yet he had a girlfriend and not just a girlfriend... THE girlfriend. The most popular girl at school. The queen bee of our school. Yes, Regina George 2.0! Ugh, I couldn't stand her. But he loved her for some unknown reason. We have been neighbours and friends since we were kids but that's all we ever have been. I've had a crush on him since middle school. He only sees me as his friend. The quiet girl that lives next door to him and listens to him anytime he needs it. I mean I can see why he likes her but doesn't he understand that we belong with each other? Yes, she wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts. She wears high heels, I wear sneakers. She's cheer captain I'm on the bleachers. But, she doesn't get your humour, I do. She doesn't know you, I do. She doesn't know your favourite songs, I do. She doesn't know where you belong, I do and it's with me.

Have you ever thought just maybe

You belong with me?