Chapter 31

I grab two guns from my waistband and hold them up, I pull the barrel down in the first one and count seven rounds, then do the same with the second. I bring them up again and start shooting, hitting each zombie that comes through the gate in the head every time, taking them down one by one.
"You're doing good!" yells Matt.
"How is this toughening me up. It's easy."
Matt doesn't reply, a few zombies later, Lola comes through the gates, and they close behind her.
"No. NO. MATT?! LET ME OUT OF HERE!"
Her ripped blonde hair hangs limply from her bruised head, torn apart by teeth. Blood drips from her mouth, her eyes white. She's still wearing her little pink dress, but now it's ripped and dirty with bloody.
"Matt. LET ME OUT NOW!"
Lola starts getting dangerously close. I hold my guns up, fingers on the triggers. My breathing quickens.
"MATT!" I scream on last time.
No. I won't shoot her. I drop my guns on the ground, holding my arms out to her. Lola starts limping towards me at a fast pace. She stares hungrily at my arms. I stretch them out further.
"Bite me." I whisper, tears running down my face. Suddenly blood explodes out of her knee, spattering all over me. She falls to the ground. I feel strong arms grab me and drag me to the open exit, it closes behind us. I fall to the ground in tears, looking up at Cameron.
"Why?" He whispers, falling down next to me and cupping my cheeks with his hands.
"I can't do it." I pull my face away and cover it with my hands. Cameron sighs.
"Come on."
He picks me up and carries me to the medical facility, laying me down on a bed. He sighs and shakes his head, collapsing into a chair next to me.
"I can feel it. The fever," he sighs.
He looks pale and sweaty.
I reach out and pick up his hand, stroking it with my thumb. The nurse comes in and spots us.
"You." I mutter.
I sit up in the bed, glaring at her.
"Why didn't you stitch his wound?!"
She just looks at me shocked.
"LOOK AT HIS WOUND!" I scream.
She sidles over nervously and pulls up Cameron's sleeve, examining his wound.
"It's infected," she says quietly.
"I CAN SEE THAT!" I yell, "CLEAN IT, AND STITCH IT."
She blinks at me.
"Please," I add.
She rushes out of the room to get all the stuff.
I lie back down and look at Cameron, breathless.
"Christ," he laughs weakly. I reach up and run my hand through his hair, he smiles at me struggling to breathe properly. The nurse rushes back in and starts cleaning and stitching his arm. She rushes out when it's done and then comes back again with a drip of antibiotics. He shakes his head.
"I'm turning."
"No. It might be the infection," she says, glancing at me nervously.
He shakes his head again.
"I just need to rest, don't waste supplies on me."
"Cameron please take the-"
"No, Eve you should head back to your room, get some rest."
Reluctantly, I do as he says.

It's been another hard day without Cameron. I moved back into his room the night he started his treatment in the medical facility.
Taylor has been in charge, and I'm not talking to Matt. I know why he did what he did, but I'm still angry he did it.
I head up to the medical facility where Cameron is to check on him. He looks up at me as I come in, still pale but looking a lot stronger. He smiles at me as I come in. When I reach his bed I swing a leg over him and sit on his stomach, straddling him. He looks up at me shocked. I grin down at him.
"I haven't seen you all day."
He gulps. I lean down to his ear.
"Are you up for it?"
He grins helplessly at me as I pull his covers down and pull his shirt over his head. I lean down and kiss him, he reaches up to pull off my shirt, kissing my neck passionately.

Cameron looks into my eyes as I lay next to him, under the sheets.
"You're amazing," he smiles at me.
I blush and smile back.
"You need to rest."
I roll out of bed and peck him on the cheek before pulling all my clothes on. Cameron just grins at me from the bed.
"You better put some clothes on Cam. The nurse might come back."
I sit back down on the bed and smile at him.
"So..."
I hear a noise from the other side of the room. I look over and see Freddie, gripping to the door frame, barely standing, looking right at us.