Chapter 6 - Anonymous Acquaintances

Everyone was getting dressed and getting ready for going out. No one dressed too fancy, since the occasion wasn't too special. It was just a party, right? No need to wear a sparkly dress or your best suit just for this quick night out.

At around 6pm everyone was dressed and ready to go.
"Alright then. Let us depart.", Olive announced.
The four of them left the house and Fin locked the door.

Soon the group was getting close to the club around the corner. On the way, Max kept receiving calls from an unknown number. They either ignored them or hung up right away.

When they all finally arrived at the building where the party takes place, the first thing they had to do was walk up a few sets of stairs before they could actually enter the party apartment. Also during this time, Max received the calls, getting slightly annoyed now.

"Are you ready to have the best night of your lives?", Olive excitedly asked the other three, gaining a nod from all of them. She then opened the door, revealing a big room with flashing lights in all possible colours.

Taken away from the group by some of her friends, Olive left Theo, Max and Fin alone on their own in this big party, in which they know no one else but each other.

"Well this is awkward, isn't it."
Fin took a look around the room before taking Theo to a photo booth nearby. Max on the other hand looked for a more quiet place.

-
-
-
-
-

Barely four hours later, Max started getting messages from the anonymous number instead of the calls. Since they had nothing better to do, they decided to read what this person had to say.
It was nothing suspicious and seemed more like spam. Until all of a sudden, there was one specific message that sent shivers down Max' spine.

"You are Max Montclair, right?"

'What? How do they know my name?', Max thought to themself.

"I know you won't answer but this is really important. Come to ####### ###### tonight, it's urgent."

Max was sceptical. They didn't know if this was a trap or not, so they decided to text back.

"And how would I know that this isn't a trap?"

"You have to trust me. We have the same parents."

Looking over to Fin, to see if he's using his phone, Max saw that he wasn't. Deciding that it could be something important, they gathered everyone together, explaining that all of them have to leave the party immediately.

"But whyyyyy?", Olive whined.
"It's important", Max said, "Let's say we're.. Hm.. Going on a mission."
"I've never heard you say something like that before.", Theo whispered.

"Alright then, since no one is complaining, we're leaving. Let's head out."

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

mmmmmmm max arc 😋