❄️ Chapter 14 ❄️

Start from the beginning

"This is enough," Yumetsuki said to Kakashi before looking down toward the ten-year-old masked boy. "You... where did you learn the Wood Style?" Kakashi lowered his Chidori to the boy's face.

"I wouldn't expect an answer..." said Kakashi. "Leave," He took away the Chidori from his face. "Go quickly! The Jutsu of yours will be critical for Konohagakure one day,"

Kinoe stared at the two of them, the feeling of his eyes very vivid even through the mask.

"Go on," Yumetsuki said as she reached out to pull the boy onto his feet with a strength that surprised the boy. "Hurry up, we are asking you to leave,"

With that, Yumetsuki pushed him slightly and Kinoe went running off, looking at the ivory-haired girl over his shoulder briefly before he disappeared into the bushes. It was silent as Yumetsuki and Kakashi glanced at each other, and moments later, the rest of the ANBU arrived back.

"They were only after the Sandaime-Sama," spoke one of the five ANBU men. "It seems their purpose was to separate us from Sandaime-Sama,"

"They scattered off somewhere," Yumetsuki informed them, standing still in her place and knowing that they would trust her sensory abilities.

"Were you two all right?" asked the man.

"Yes..." Kakashi replied.

"Did you recognise the enemy?" inquired the first man.

"I don't know who it was," Kakashi said and Yumetsuki nodded along.

"Well, that's all right," said the man, though he looked a bit suspicious of the two youngsters amongst them. "I'm sure Sandaime-Sama will take care of the rest,"

The Third Hokage did not have to take care of the rest on his own – Yumetsuki insisted on joining him and went ahead to scout out the area before Hiruzen arrived into the Hokage's Office. There was no sign of Root members here but she did find Danzo in the office by himself.

Hiruzen had told her that he would deal with his former teammate on his own and Yumetsuki had stuck back on the roof to keep a look-out. Still, she observed into the office with her Ice Style Jutsu so that things would not escalate unnecessary and be witnessed by the villagers.

Danzo, as mentioned earlier, was inside and he had perched himself upon the Hokage's chair, which Yumetsuki found to be a rather disrespectful move right after attempting to murder Hiruzen.

"I regret to inform you..." Hiruzen spoke up, shocking Danzo onto his feet as he turned around to see the Third Hokage. "... that I won't be giving up that seat just yet," He looked up. "It seems like you want to ask me why I'm still alive..."

"It's nothing like that," Danzo replied, clearly trying to salvage himself. "I understood that you left this morning for the Feudal Lord's prefecture,"

"A certain fellow betrayed me..." Hiruzen said. "Rather, he came back to me... and warned us that we would be targeted on the way to the prefecture," He paused but then spoke coldly, "I can easily investigate and find out who is behind this... and that person will be executed, that is clear ass day.

"But it's against my principles to cause any more death. If I could meet that person, I would tell him... that I will overlook his actions this time... but in exchange, he must do all that is in his power... for the sake of the village of Konohagakure,"

"You and your ideals of peace..." Danzo spoke up finally and Yumetsuki listened in with distaste. "One day, that naivete will be the death of you, Hiruzen,"

"Hmm..." Hiruzen responded. "Perhaps, you're right,"

Danzo walked out from behind the Hokage's desk and began to make his way out of the Office. Yumetsuki kept herself ready, and more so when the man suddenly stopped on his way.