I'm... I'm at the hospital.

Oh my god! Do you need me to go over?
Did anything happen?
Nevermind, I'll just go over.

Thanks Wanda.

Can you come alone?

Sure.
You don't want me to get Nat?
Is everything alright?

Please... I just want you.

Okay.
I'm coming over now.

After the conversation with Wanda, no matter how much it hurts, I curled up in a ball and started crying again.

I was still crying until I felt Wanda's hands around me. She looked at me in a disarray state and knew what was wrong. "He's gone... He died... All because of me..."

"It's not your fault, you didn't wish for this to happen."

Second POV
Wanda stayed with you throughout the night. She wanted to inform the team where you were and that you were safe but you told her not to do that. You just wanted to be left alone.

Wanda tried to talk to you during the ride back but you would either ignore her or just make some noise. What she said you had no idea, in through one ear and out the other.

Everyone crowded around you when you came back because you have been missing for a day. You shot them a quick smile before taking your bag from Wanda and headed for your room. "Don't let anyone in JARVIS."

"Yes Mrs Romanoff."

"What happened to Y/N?" Steve asked after seeing you went up the elevator emotionless. They didn't know anything except for Wanda rushing out to get you. Your belly was still around the same size since it wouldn't go down until a few weeks later.

"She lost the baby." Wanda said in a low voice.

Only gasps were heard from the room, everyone was so excited for the arrival of the new baby. "Does... does Natasha knows about this?" Steve inquired wearily.

"I don't think so."

Natasha was nowhere to be seen. She has been in her office in SHIELD so people hardly know what's going on with her. Only Clint and Steve ever entered her office to look for her but she would only chase them out without explanation.

"So she's still in SHIELD?" Steve nodded his head.

"I'm going to call her." Wanda said as she made her way up to your room.

Wanda, what is it?

I need you to come back.

Why? You know I'm working.

It's about Y/N.

I know.

She told me she went to the hospital yesterday.

And you didn't go?
You don't find it weird that she didn't come back yesterday?

Wanda tried to open your door but it was locked. She told JARVIS to open the door but the AI couldn't refuse your orders.

Does it really matter?

It does.

Wanda opened the door with her powers and saw your dark room. You were not under the covers where she was expecting so she turned to the bathroom.

"Oh my god! Y/N!" She found you covered in blood, lying on the bathroom floor. "BOYS!!" She yelled but decided that bringing you down to the lab would be faster.

Wanda!
What's happening?
Shit.

Wanda couldn't reply as she left her phone on the floor as she carried you down. Everyone looks at you as Bruce prepares the medical supplies. Steve tries to place pressure on your wound as Wanda runs back to her phone.

Natasha was making her way back after hearing Wanda screaming for the boys to help.

Everyone was glaring at her when she walked into the lab. Bruce cleared his throat and brought their attention to him.

"Y/N is a bit weak since she's just given birth along with the blood loss we found with her earlier. It's better to keep her in bed after she wakes up."

"Wait... What do you mean by given birth?"

"She delivered a stillborn baby Natasha. That's why she was in the A&E and you had THE AUDACITY TO TELL HER YOU WERE BUSY WITH WORK!!!" Wanda shouted at Natasha. Everyone around was surprised that she dared to shout at her.

"SHE HAD TO GIVE BIRTH! ALONE! WITHOUT ANY HELP, ANY SUPPORT!"

"I..I..."

"I'm ashamed of you."

You started to stir when everyone left the room for you and Natasha.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry."

"Get out. I don't want to see you." You said in a low voice, not meeting her eyes.

"Y/N-"

"I SAID GET OUT!!! GET OUT, BEFORE I FORCE THEM TO TAKE YOU OUT!!" You took whatever you could reach and threw it at her with tears rolling down your face.

You weren't ready to face her yet, not when she left you alone when you needed her most.

Written on 12 Dec 2021
Posted on 18 Jun 2022