Gone

"Hi, I'd like to know where's Irene Bae?" Jennie asked the nurse station as she arrived at the hospital. The reception personnel was startled by her presence.

"Uh, Ms. Jennie. She's in the emergency area and speaking with Doc Ki—." The nurse replied but Jennie didn't let her finished. She immediately head towards the emergency area leaving the latter confused.

Jennie scanned across the emergency beds that made everyone star stricken with her presence.

After few minutes, she found Irene lying on the ER bed while talking to a man in a white gown to whom she assumed as her doctor.

"Irene, what happened? Are you okay?" Jennie asked worriedly gaining the attention of the two.

"Jennie?? What are you doing here??" Irene was surprised to see Jennie's presence.

"The hospital personnel called me a while ago and said I need to come here because you got into an accident." Jennie explained as she went near Irene to physically check on her. She was about to caress the woman's face but Irene avoided the contact.

The doctor felt the tension between the two and started talking.

"Ehem, excuse me.." The doctor spoke earning Jennie and Irene's attention.

"Uh, Ms. Kim are you in any way related to Ms. Bae?" The doctor asked Jennie.

"She's my g—" Jennie was about to answer but she was interrupted by Irene.

"Colleague. She's a colleague." Irene said coldly and the doctor just nodded on her answer.

Jennie was hurt but she ignored Irene's reference because she's so worried for the woman.

"Oh, we're sorry Ms. Bae. You were unconscious earlier and we checked on your belongings to contact your family but no one answered. That's when we noticed that Ms. Kim here was on top of your call logs, so we assumed she's a close friend." The doctor explained.

Irene frown upon hearing it. While it is true that Jennie is on top of her call history it is only because the beau was pestering her everyday which annoys her so much.

"That's okay Doc." Irene briefly replied.

"So Doc, what happened? Is she okay?" Jennie inquired diverting the topic.

"So what do you care Kim?" Irene was irritated.

Jennie ignored the woman's display of attitude. She knew Irene will get irritated of her presence.

"Ms. Bae fell unconscious due to fatigue caused by overworking. We've run some test to secure that she didn't suffer any injuries. And the results shows that there's no need to worry because it all came out clear. For now, she just need to stay here for few more minutes just to be sure and then she can go home and take a rest." The doctor assured Jennie.

Jennie nodded and faced Irene.

"Why are you alone? Where is your Manager?" Jennie asked Irene but she looked away.

"The kind people who brought her here said they found her unconscious inside her car after hitting a tree. Luckily, she was able to slow down before she fainted which decreased the impact of the collision." The doctor said.

"So Ms. Bae, I'll endorse the paperwork of your discharge clearance at the nurse station. I'll leave you guys here. And remember to follow my prescriptions so we can avoid this from happening again." The doctor smiled to them.

Irene weakly nodded.

"Uh, Ms. Kim?" The doctor turned to Jennie.

"Yes, doc?" Jennie confusingly asked.