Freedom

BANGKOK, THAILAND

"You are a Manoban! My only heir! No one is leaving Lalisa! I'm warning you!"

My father shouted at the top of his lungs when I told him that I'll be leaving my luxurious life because I'm sick of him being a control freak.

"My decision is final Dad. I'm not asking for your permission. I'm just letting you know."

My dad massaged his temple, trying to calm himself after hearing my words. I can't blame him. I'm her only child and he's expecting me to take over our family's business empire.

My father is Lucio Manoban. The no. 1 richest and most influential businessman in Thailand. Owning various businesses in different industries. Our family owns the multi billion dollar company — The Manoban Empire.

"Why are you making things complicated to everyone in this family, huh? You're living a comfortable life because of our businesses!" He is fuming mad right now.

"If you leave that door now, I'll cut everything that you're enjoying right now as a MANOBAN!" He shouted again like a thunder.

I sigh.

He really doesn't get my point. He's controlling everything about me ever since I was kid. I've been living a life orchestrated by him. He only cares about our family's status, his image and his wealth. Sometimes, I wonder why my mom fell in love with him.

Ever since Mom died from a plane crash 8 years ago, my relationship with him worsen. He would control every single details of my life. Like my acquaintances. My romantic relationships. My career choices. Everything.. And it's too much for me to take. I feel like I'm his puppet not his daughter.

"Dad, I've already made up my mind. I'm leaving. And nothing can stop me now." I know I pushed the red button when I uttered those words. I can see his face turned red. He's raging.

"You'll regret this Lalisa! You're throwing a bright future ahead of you with this idiotic decision of yours!" I can see his jaws clenching while talking to me.

"I'm sorry Dad. But I'm leaving."

I told him with finality, after that I head towards the door of his office and left.

I can hear him throwing and breaking things inside, right after I shut the door closed. But I don't care anymore.

Today is my chance to get away from him. To be free. And no one is going to stop me. Not even the person approaching me right now —

Bambam, my fiancé.

I saw him approaching my Dad's office

I saw him approaching my Dad's office. I don't know if they have a scheduled meeting or what. So I just walked passed by him.

"Lalisa, where are you going? Why is Uncle Lucio so mad? What did you do this time?" He said with a sound of mockery.