Chapter V

"Pal, how'd ya even know where she lives?" Heron suddenly asks me this question.

"I asked the receptionist." and that was again my reply.

We are currently waiting inside the elevator, with bags full of food on our hands. And also a backpack, in my case. After a while, the elevator reaches its destination and opens the door. We exit and a large hall full of apartments greet us. We turn to the left and I start counting the numbers engraved on top of each door, until we find the one we are looking for. Strange is the word to describe what we are seeing. The door is covered in egg yolk and the floor is full of smashed eggshells.

"Is dis some kind o' weird decoration, Caesar?" asks me Heron while scanning the door with his eyes.

"It looks more like a mischievous act." I respond to him with a casual tone.

I walk around to avoid stepping on the liquid and the shells and knock on the door. I wait for a few seconds. There is no response. I knock once more. Again silence.

"Lorraine, it is us, Caesar and Heron." I raise my voice a little higher than natural.

We wait for a response that never came.

"Is dis her room? 'r ya sure?"

"Do you take me for a fool?" I knock again, but stronger this time, "Lorraine, open us the door. We have food."

Heron takes out his phone, "Maybe she wen' out."

"She does not look like the type of girl to hang out with."

He laughs wildly while hiding his phone, "So cruel, pal! So, we leavin'?"

"Seems the best option."

"Let's go t' ya room. I'm hungry."

We turn around and walk towards the elevator. After several steps, we hear the door slide behind us. We both instantly turn around to see what is happening. A sleepy Lorraine shows up behind the door. Her eyes are red, her hair is messy and she is still wearing her sport suit from our training.

"Sorry... I was... sleeping..." she releases a yawn.

"'r ya okay, Lorra? Ya look.... Funny... Sort'o speak."

I glare at him. Is this really the word you were looking for?

"I'm still alive..." she shrugs.

"We have brought you food." I lift up one of the bags.

"Yeah, I've heard that." she steps aside, making the path clear,

I guide Heron to move forward with my head, which he understands immediately. The two of us enter the room while avoiding stepping on the once eggs. Although this is the second time I am here, this place still seems...

"So dull. There's nothin' here." comments unnecessarily Heron while looking around.

"Are you picking a fight, you brat?" responds somewhat aggressively Lorraine.

"Have manners. Both of you."

I cannot help but look at the kitchen sink. There are still some dishes, but nothing that exaggerated like the last time. And the bowl is no longer on the floor, which is refreshing. The bed is also a mess, although she just woke up, so there is nothing that can be done about it.

"Let's eat, pals! I'm hungry!"

Heron immediately leaves the food bags on top of the dining table and starts taking out the food. He grabs the Xtreme Bubble Waffle and stares at it.  We can see him gulp. But then, he then looks at Lorraine.