Chapter I

A gentle chilly wind sweeps throughout the cold steely dark chamber as a dim light filters in, barely revealing the scenario. Fresh blood are sprayed all over the walls, forming a bizarre collage around the place. Several corpses lay around the stained floor. Some of them are ripped open, while others are mauled. A truly horrifying picture.

The perpetrator of these atrocities lies sitting near a corner. A little girl, no more than six years old. Her long light blonde hair barely covers her stained pale face with crimson red, and tears fall through her cheeks from her light red eyes. That little girl is me.

My tiny hands warp around a familiar face: my father, barely breathing. His golden hair is stained. His white torso has a deep pierce and blood spills from the wound. Not to mention his lower body is mauled into total unrecognition.

"Lorraine... you..." he weakly reaches out his arm, gently touching my cheek with his fingertips.

"Everything's fine, daddy." I try to contain my tears and grab his big hand with mine.

"Why would you...?" his voice is barely intelligible and his fist clenched into my hair, pulling me down. I leave a small shriek because of the pain.

"I didn't... I... I don't know how..." my body starts to tremble, "I... I'm sorry..."

"If you... just..." he spits out blood from his mouth and stains my lower face. Then, the hand released his grip and fell flat onto the flood. His eyes lost the spark.

"Da... daddy?" tears burst out from my eyelids and drop onto my father's motionless face, "Look at me, please..."

Seeing no response coming from him, I bent towards him as pain began to release from my mouth. I wrap him tighter around my chest, as if not wanting to lose him. Yet deep inside, I know he has already gone. My cold heart shrinks realizing the fact that my only parent has just left me.

And then, the bell rings. I immediately return from my thoughts to the classroom. My eyes blink twice before looking at the digital clock attached to the wall. It marks 15:00pm, which means the classes are over. It has been a long time since I wandered again into that memory. Even though that was over ten years ago, it still feels very vivid.

The teacher's lesson is eclipsed by the sudden awakening and cheerfulness of the students. As usual, they begin packing their books at a rapid pace so they can leave as soon as possible. Some of them gathered around their friends, while others already left the room hurriedly and laughing.

I, on the other hand, am still sitting on my desk looking loosely at the clear blue sky through the windows. Feeling a bit sleepy, I release a big yawn.

"Caesar, we 'r waitin'!" shouted a brown haired guy with a blue collar at the entrance, with two more guys near him. I think they are my classmates, though their faces are unfamiliar.

What kind of crappy regional dialect is that? It is horrendous to hear.

"You're annoying, you know?" replied the black haired guy that, surprisingly, was sitting besides me and calmly gathering his textbooks. He has a green collar. So lucky.

I should start leaving the class also, so I start packing my almost empty desk. Though the duty feels very weary. The guy stands up with his backpack and moves towards, I presume, his friends. Not that I really care, honestly.

"Ya slowpoke, man." he slaps the black haired guy's back.

"Shut up."

And then, they finally disappear. I also finish clearing my desk and I finally prepare to leave. Or I try to.

"Hold on, Lorraine." seeing that I am leaving, the teacher hurriedly approaches me, much to my disgrace.

"What? I'm tired." I sighed in annoyance and avoided contact after a quick glare.