Chapter II

"Aw... Man, I missed that. I am so sad." Shain is amused,

After returning from the always long, boring and dreadful classes to my lifeless apartment, I told Shain what had happened today this morning right after he reappeared.

For some reason I cannot comprehend, this guy is always leaning towards the wall. Does he want to appear cool or something like that? If that is so, then he is so lame. Well, not that I can say anything about it, honestly. I am right now lying on my bed, and it is not different from other days. Although this time I am sitting on it and munching some rice mixed with meat.

"And the worst part? Everybody was fucking there." I bite my spoon with anger, as if he were the culprit.

"Was the redhead elf there also?"

"Thank the gods she wasn't yet" I paused, then I continued, "But Agata was there."

Shain starts laughing wildly, with his hands holding his stomach and bending towards.

"Ha ha ha... So funny."

He surprisingly detaches from the wall and sits on the bed besides me, "It is funny. Now, what will you do?"

I frown my eyes and look at him, not sure what he refers to.

"I mean, have you accepted his offer, or...?"

"Why should I?"

"Hmm... It seems like a good opportunity."

A sigh escapes from my mouth, "Are you joining the pester team also?"

"I am different. I only wish the best for you."

"As they do, pester."

"Hey, I am not a pester." Shain puts his hand on the chest in, apparently, disapproval of the new nickname.

"Then stop acting like one."

I scoop my bowl. Or I try to, because there is nothing left on it. Seeing this dreadful reality, I stand up and walk to the kitchen and put the sad empty bowl on the sink.

Or perhaps not. There is a mountain of filthy plates piled up. This is strange, as I do not remember that I have already piled that much dishes. I look at the worktop nearby. It is also full. Why is everything against me? In dire times like this, having played tetris comes in very handy. I look around, trying to see a good and safe spot to put the bowl in it, without unleashing an unwanted avalanche.

"I'm just suggesting, but you should wash the dishes."

"I already know it! I just don't want to!"

Stay calm, Lorraine. A single misstep and everything turns south, literally. Keep your cool.

"These are very bad habits, just saying."

"Will you just shut up!?"

I turn glaring at him. Having enough of this crap, I put the bowl on the floor and call it a day. Why doesn't my room have a dishwasher?

"Brilliant. Mastermind."

Shain is clapping his hands in amusement. I make a quick glare at him, though it is not worth fighting for already. Nor do I have the energy to do so.

"I'm still hungry. How?" I put my hand on my forehead.

"You are just growing. To become a beautiful woman."

"Oh yeah, and sexy." I put both my hands on my incredible small chest.

This is so sad... It does not help either that I am skinny. And very pale. Like, super pale. And my eyes are almost white also. Why am I so white?