Chapter IV

Today I have been sleeping until my body said he had enough, without bothering to even check whether I may be late for the classes. Why, you may ask? Because today is Saturday, the best day of the week. The day where you do not have any obligation and you can do whatever you want. Without those annoying classmates that would not stop talking. Without those pesky teachers over you. And the best thing of all? You still have Sunday as the following day off.

Today, It is my intent to stay lying on my bed, scrolling and browsing random dumb videos people post on the internet.

Or that was the idea I had in mind, as I am heading to the training facilities right now. The good part is that I am in black sport suit with gold straps, which is super comfortable. If only I did not have to carry a sport bag. It is already past 15:00pm, so the Sun is shining on us with the hottest daylight. I yawn out of boredom. There are few people hanging out in the campus. Most of them may still be eating their lunch, so the campus is not very crowded.

"You know, you could have just said no." Shain is walking beside me.

"Do you really think that guy will accept no as a response?"

"Yeah, he will not." he bursts out a laugh, "This man is awesome!"

"Yeah, so awesome." I groan out of disgust, "I still wonder how he got my number."

Shain puts his hand on his chin, then he realizes and grins at me, "Guess who!"

I leave a sigh. That fucking fat ass bitch elf. Why is she always involved in everything? Is she a sexy secret agent?

After walking for a while, we can finally see the building. I also spotted someone waiting in front of the entrance, sheltering from the daylight. And that someone is Caesar with his earphones plugged on his ears. He is wearing a deep blue sport suit and carrying a black sport bag around his shoulder. He realizes my arrival when I get close enough to him and unplug his ears.

"Hello." he salutes at me.

"Hi."

"How are you feeling?"

"Well, I'm alive." I shrug and head to the entrance, "Let's enter."

"Wait, someone is joining us."

I stop right on my track and face him, clicking my tongue, "Huh? For real?"

"Do not worry, I can shield other people besides me."

It seems that my worries and thoughts were very evident, as he said that out of nowhere. Well, if he can manage to protect other people, then I guess there will be no problem.

And so, the three of us end up waiting near the entrance, shielding us from the daylight. We are not exchanging words between us. Well, not that I am giving the chance, as I took out my phone as soon as I started waiting. I can feel him glancing at me from time to time. I also feel an urge deep inside my chest, something that wants to resurface and see the light. Why am I fighting against this urge?

Finally, I can see someone approaching us. Wait, is he not the waffle guy? The brown haired guy stops in front of us and waves his hand.

"Yo! I've come!" he grins at us.

"You are late." Caesar leaves a sigh and greets him with a fist bump.

The waffle guy does the same, "Ya, sorr' pal! Wasn' payin' attention to da clock!"

He then shifts his glance onto me and greets me with a fist bump. "Yo! Lorraine, righ? I'm Heron! Nice t'meet ya!"

"Yeah... Likewise..." I also greet him with a fist bump. Well, a poor attempt of fist bump.