"I have been sent on a mission. I do not know when I will return but I estimate it will take 7 days should it all proceed as planned." You elaborated. You watched as John calmed and sighed in relief. "You shouldn't have phrased it like that, Y/N. I thought something bad happened! You worried me for a moment, I thought you didn't want to continue us." He reacted, gesturing to you and himself.

"My apologies. I shall do so next time." You told him. John's eyes showed his curiosity. "Where are you going anyway?"

You answered, "The details are obviously classified but I will be going to Germany." His eyes nearly bulged out. "Germany?!" He exclaimed. You nodded, confirming. He asked, "Mycroft sent you?" You nodded again.

"Of course it's Mycroft." You heard him mumble under his breath. You giggled at him then said, "You are, of course, free to contact me. You have my number and the money for the international calls will be paid by Mycroft. If I have become unreachable for a number of days, immediately inform Mycroft."

"And when will you leave?" He asked. You fought back a smile but answered nonetheless. "In an hour."

John opened his mouth, then closed it again, speechless. Instead, he settled for "What is it with you Holmes?" 

A bark of laughter came from you. John smiled as he watched you laugh. From his smile, he joined you in your laughter. Avoiding the stares from those around you, you both continued laughing until you gradually calmed down.

"Well, I must go now before the traffic starts." You said after clearing your throat. John's face fell. "Right." He added, "Can I at least lead you to your car?"

Instead of answering, you stood up and held your hand out to his. He took it and led you to your car, which was outside the cafe.

"I hope your mission becomes successful." He started. You smiled at him, "Yes, thank you, John." He continued, "Be careful." You smiled wider.

"Would you like any souvenir?" You asked him. "You coming back unharmed is enough of a souvenir for me." He replied.

You nodded, until a thought came upon you. "I am aware and confident in myself that I will come back alive, or else Mycroft will face Mummy's wrath," John chuckled at this. "However, I wish to do something with you before I leave. May I?" 

"I trust you completely." He answered and that was enough for you.

You closed your eyes and at last, your lips met his. Your warm lips against his soft ones. John had his eyes opened in surprise before leaning into you, closing it. You smiled in the kiss.

Your knees bent slightly because you inherited the Holmes gene of being tall but you didn't mind one bit.

You pulled away from him once you couldn't breathe. You took a deep breath, with John doing the same. You straightened yourself and nodded to John with a smile, "I shall see you in 7 days." John smiled as well, "In 7 days." He agreed.

You entered the car and watched behind you as you gradually saw your waving John become smaller and smaller, until the driver took a turn and you didn't see him anymore.

Gregory Lestrade
"Greg, please! I haven't had coffee in weeks!"

You kept pleading as Greg went on to his paperwork. You two had solved a case. Celebration had to wait for Greg. There was paperwork waiting to be finished. You had been helping Greg with his paperwork but merely after an hour, you rested and gave up, leaving Greg to do the rest. That was this morning and he has been working non-stop for hours. Afternoon had come.