From the past

The trip to the bridge was filled with silence as the hunters all kept silent. Annabeth ignored me, Sophia, even Thalia and the two other hunters.

The dark purple mark on her neck was still very visible. I grimaced and felt my heartache as I recalled the whole encounter.

After leaving the restaurant we stopped at a motel for the night. Annabeth of course shared a room with the other girls as I had my own. I got bored and went for a late snack only to wonder upon something I wish I had seen.

Annabeth had her lips locked with a random male employee from the motel. They were pressed tightly against each other as she was audibly expressing her pleasure.  He had grabbed her by the hips and pulled her into one of the empty rooms.

I had to walk away from that scene quickly, and the evidence of it was proudly displayed on her skin. I scrunched my nose up in displeasure and continued to drive, bringing my focus onto the road in front of me.

"We're almost there," I said pointing to the small bridge. it was yellow and looked like a place visited often by the people living around the area.

I parked the truck and we quickly made our way over to the bottom side of the bridge where we came face to face with a small dilemma.

"What now?" Aske Sophia. Everyone looked at each other, as Annabeth started kicking stones, trying to ignore us as we gave out suggestions.

When one of her foot stones hit the wall of the bridge we could hear an echo resonate from within and I quickly rushed over to touch and feel the wall.

After a moment or two, my palm found a stone that was oddly loose and pushed inwards, causing an entrance to appear. It was like the entrance of an old cave.

"The bridge was built on top of a cave?" Everyone looked surprised as I walked in, only to notice how pitch black it was inside.

"It's too dark to see," I stated. One of the hunters gave a small laugh and dug her hands into her bag.

"Good thing I came prepared," She said smugly as she pulled out a flashlight. "Thank me later,"

Thalia took the flashlight and walked in first, obviously leading through the cave as I followed right after her and made my way inside.

Cobwebs covered the walls, and I could even see a few bugs caught within them. They looked fresh too.

A small stifled scream echoed before a pair of arms wrapped around my torse. I froze in my steps to look down and see a bundle of blond hair burring against me. I frowned and slightly grasped her shoulder.

"Let go. It's alright," I gently pealed Annabeth's arms off me and continued walking, leaving her behind. I wasn't ready to be hurt once again by her careless actions and indecisiveness.

"Graves?" I heard Sophia say loudly, drawing all of our attention toward her. Indeed, right in front of where she stood were three graves. Large stones are engraved in ancient greek.

"What does it say?" Annabeth asked, shoving me slightly to the left. I almost tripped over something but managed to catch my balance. I glance down at my feet and noticed a fairly old mud pot covered in layers of cloth. it was not too large. It was maybe around the size of a grown cat.

I picked it up carefully and inspected it. Inside I could hear something.

"Don't shake it, idiot," With that voice and tone, I froze and scowled before passing it over to Thalia.

"These are graves, they speak of an ancient unknown entity that the owners of these graves use to worship. it claims them as this entities children." Annabeth said kneeling down beside the graves and scanning the writing with that calculative gaze of hers.

"Awesome," Thalia said, her tone dripping with excitement.

"Guys what if this unknown entity is who the first line of the prophecy is referring to?" One of the hunters asked, looking at us with a look of understanding.

We all fell silent and glanced at each other. That would mean we could be in potential danger.

"Let's leave before we trigger anything odd within this cave," Annabeth spoke, rushing past me and the others only to step onto a loose stone that sunk under her foot. She froze in her place and glance down before looking at the rest of us with a look of fear.

I glanced around to see images start to appear on the walls.

It was images of a battle. Greek soldiers with monsters. Battles of the ancients. I scanned the images that seems to be formed with light. I looked around and noticed where it was coming from.

"Don't move Annabeth," I said rushing over to grab a large stone and place it on top of where she was stepping.

Free to move around she quickly moved to glance at the images. However, near the stone, I caught sight of three names that caused my breath to hitch into my throat.

'Mira, Teo, and Alex the children and warriors of Iam,' It was clear as day carved into the wall. Unlike the others, this was carved in.

I could picture them fighting these battles. The looks in their eyes as they swung their swords to protect others. These where from the past.

I could see them all laughing by a campfire telling stories of battles they've gone through.

Moments of sadness for fallen comrades or even the joyous moments of realization that they won the battles as they let out battle cries.

Thoughts swirled through my mind as I wondered who these people were. Until a thought started circling my mind.

'Are these my kids from a previous life?' I stayed quiet and glanced at the others who were still interested in the mare battles. These names were far more important. That pot was important too, whatever was inside had to be important.

"I think we found what we needed for real this time," I said catching everyone's attention.

"Let's leave quickly. Nightfall will hit soon."