"Where did you get her?" I questioned as I remained by the table, leaning on my elbow perched on top the back of a chair while he filled a metal bowl with kibble. The sound definitely got her attention, since she came trotting excitedly within seconds, panting all the while.

"I stole her from a breeder that planned to get her into dogfights." He casually shrugged, shaking the bowl to make its contents rattle. Irina barked, jumping around him as he made his way to a corner of the crammed room, a plastic mat and a water bowl already placed there.

"Sit." He held the bowl high up, looking down at the dog. She twirled around once before doing so, her long tongue hanging out the side of her mouth as she panted.

"Stay." He lifted his palm, discouraging the dog from making any movements as he placed the bowl down.

"Go ahead." At his words, Irina practically pounced towards the bowl and started eating, the sound of her chewing a lot louder than I expected as she wagged her tail even more.

"Good girl Irina." Niall smiled proudly, petting her head before walking over. I chuckled under my breath, hearing him say that to a dog when he's told me that so many times making it sound odd.

"So you saved her from a life of torture." I stated, choosing to not comment on his last words like I thought about doing.

"I did. Took her with me when I left Russia, made sure to train her properly. Been trying to teach her English commands lately."

"Where was she while we were on tour?" I questioned our of pure curiosity, watching Niall as he stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"Pet hotel. Costs a whole fucking lot but at least I know she's well taken care of." He casually shrugged, a crooked smile on his face. I took a step closer as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"So you've had her for a while?"

"Pretty much since she was a puppy. She was tiny, barely as big as my hand." He chuckled, taking a hand out of his pocket to show me the size of it for reference. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Are you hoping to earn brownie points by aiming for my sympathy?" I teased, smirking to myself. He mirrored my smile in a matter of seconds, taking the one step he needed to reach me before he placed his hands on my hips.

"Maybe. Is it working?" I rolled my eyes at his comment, making a move to push him back by the chest. Before I even got to do so, he got ahold of my wrists. I observed him carefully as he pulled on my wrists, making me drape my arms around his shoulders before his returned to my hips. He tugged me flush to his body in a sharp movement, making me clench my jaw to muffle a gasp. His lips pressed to my jaw, leaving a short trail of peppered kisses until he reached my ear.

"Should we go up to my room, petal?" He whispered into the shell of my ear, making goosebumps rise at that side of my neck. My breathing grew heavier, his fingers sneaking under my shirt to trace mindless shapes on my skin. He was being very gentle, something I was definitely not expecting from him. But at the same time, I wasn't expecting it would affect me as much as it did. And I know it shouldn't have. I know that allowing any form of affectionate gestures could only lead to disaster. But I couldn't find it in me to tell him to stop, his lips brushing over my pulse point before he pressed a soft kiss there.

"What about Irina?"

"She's got everything she needs. She'll be okay for a while." He pulled back, smiling down at me as he took ahold of my hands before I got out of his reach.

"Shall we?" He asked, eyebrows raised suggestively. Taking in a deep breath, I nodded.

His room was smaller than I thought it would be, the floor covered in the same carpet as the rest of the house. His bed was covered in a blue plaid duvet, the pillows mismatched in their light grey pillowcases. It wasn't the most neatly made bed, evident creases on the duvet. But I couldn't blame him since it seemed like he lived all by himself. I had a maid come over every other day to do most of the house work. I looked around mindlessly, the white painted walls bare of any decorations apart from a large clock above the bed. Across from the door was a singular, opened window that seemed to look out into a park of some sorts. The nightstand by the window was bare, while the one closer to the door had a lamp, a book and the same brown notebook I've seen him carry around once. Across from the bed was a tall wardrobe, wide enough to take up almost the entire wall.