s. 2 ep. 1 A Beacon of Hope

Start from the beginning

"It's more than that. Some kind of fight took place." Said detective Darius on the scene, "From the height, it looks like maybe the T. rex and... something bigger?"

"We're very familiar with that 'something bigger.'" (y/n) stated.

"I don't think we have to worry about 'something bigger' anymore," Brooklynn said, looking into the water of the Mosasaur enclosure through a destroyed fence. "Or what's left of it." She told (y/n) as he came up behind her and looked for himself.

"Ugh! Or the Mosasaurus being hungry for a while." Said Darius coming up next to them.

"Guys!" Sammy shouted right behind them

"Jesus fuck!" (y/n) shouted

"Ahh!" The other two shouted.

"You have to see this!" Sammy continued.

The group walked over in front of a gift shop where a cut out of Brooklynn promoting some Jurassic World-themed phone charger stood. The entire group burst out laughing.

"Wow, I totally forgot I agreed to that," Brooklynn said.

"Oh, god. I was gonna have to do that too after the trip." (y/n) said, trying to contain his laughter.

"Do you only own one outfit?" Darius asked Brooklynn.

"What? It's my signature look!" She said.

Running up and grabbing a phone charger, Kenji said, "Please, autograph my phone charger, O Queen of the Brooklanders!" He got on his knees in front of Brooklynn and laughed hysterically.

"Oh, no. Kenji's on his knees again. We all know what that means." (y/n) said.

He was met with a chorus of groans, "Eww"s, and facepalms.

"What? Come on. That's comedy." He grumbled.

"Well, I think the cut-out is cool," Sammy said. "When we get rescued, I'm taking it with us."

"TBH, this does kind of remind me of home. I haven't posted in days. I bet my followers are worried sick about me." Brooklynn said

"And your parents?" Sammy asked

"Oh, uh, right. Obvi. Them, too."

"Yeah, news has probably broken already on how this place went under. Hope my mom isn't worried too much." (y/n) added.

"We'll be fine. We're all gonna get home safe. Let's start, uh, looking for a way to communicate with the mainland." Darius said. "There's gotta be a phone or something, right?"

"Yay! Back to the phone topic." (y/n) said dryly.

The campers walked into the gift shop. Brooklynn stopped to look at the cutout of herself, obviously missing how her hair looked normally. Right now her hair was askew from all the running.

"Your hair's fine B." (y/n) said to her as he passed by.

She smiled, "Not really. But at least it's better than your clothes situation."

(y/n) looked down at his clothes. His hoodie was shredded in a few places from when he went through the glass, his pants were the same, the sleeves of the T-shirt he was wearing under the hoodie were tied around his leg to close the deep cut on his thigh, and red splotches were on all his clothes from the blood.

"Well that's what happens when you fall from a zipline, a monorail, go through glass, get involved in a van crash, and fight a Pteranodon... twice." He told her.

"We'll get you a new fit. Don't worry." She said and began searching the gift shop with the others.

"Here," Kenji said tossing (y/n) a dino-themed walkie-talkie.