CHAPTER ONE

//Disclaimer: I do not own Ouran High School Host Club.//

CHAPTER ONE
THE TRUTH COMES OUT

Shirakawa is a quaint village — having a population of around sixteen hundred people — that experiences very heavy snowfall during the winter months. Soft blue eyes watch the first snowflakes of the season fall from the sky. The young girl places her pale hand underneath her head, blowing a piece of her blonde hair out of her face. She ignores the words coming out of her teacher's mouth as her thoughts drift off to what dinner her mother may be making tonight and how delicious it will be.

"Miss Watanabe," the girl snaps out of her thoughts about dinner and turns her gaze onto her teacher, "am I disrupting something?"

"No, Mr. Sato." Asami Watanabe smiles apologetically at him, "I was thinking about the high school applications I still need to do." She lies in order to make hun less mad. If he found out she was actually thinking about how delicious her mother's chirashi is and that she is hoping her mother is making it for dinner tonight, she would be given more cleaning chores to do after school. Murmurs of agreement rose from the other junior high students. Unfortunately for the children in Shirakawa, there is no high school. There is only a combined elementary and junior high school due to their small population. If anyone wishes to continue their education, they must find a high school in the other neighboring towns and cities that can also provide housing considering Shirakawa also does not have reliable transportation.

"That is a good thing to be pondering, how many people are stressing over high school applications?" Mr. Sato asks and a handful of hands go up in the air. He nods his head, humming while rubbing his black beard. "It is only November. You guys have until March to figure out where you want to go. What are some high schools you guys have been thinking of applying to?" He takes out his chalk to write on the board.

"Azabu High School!"

"Kaisei Academy!"

"Horikoshi High School!"

"Hibiya High School!"

"Seien Girls' High School!"

"Ouran Academy!" Asami perks up at the name of the academy and turns to look at the boy who shouted it. For some reason, her mother immediately threw out her application for that school because she does not think it was a good enough school. Honestly, Asami could not believe her mother because Ouran Academy is one of the top private schools in Japan. People from all over the world desperately apply there in hopes of getting accepted. It was a place where people are able to make connections and move up in society. Asami wishes to have her own business someday in the future — hopefully, a business that makes and sells vital medicine at lower costs. If she went to that academy, she would be able to make the necessary connections to start her company and people to sponsor it. Her blue eyes dim as she tries to recall why her dream to help sick people even started. Her earliest memory occurs when she was maybe four years old and in front of her is a sickened, blonde woman. The woman is crying as her face swells with a red rash across her cheeks and pieces of her hair fall out. The woman tearfully was talking about how her medicine was too much money to another young blond boy. The woman and boy share the same blue eyes. Asami closes her eyes — that woman is what fueled her desire to make medicine more available to others. She will help those in need and maybe one day, Asami can personally find that woman and give her the medicine she needs.