Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck." I spoke out loud, curing along the way rapidly between English and Spanish before my heart stopped at the noise on the other line.

"Are you dying?" I hadn't heard his voice in so long. It was still the same quiet one, smooth and timid. I could tell he was painting hearing the soft strokes of the brush after his sentence in the backgrounds. One hand was gripping so harshly at the steering wheel my knuckles turned white while my other held my phone just as deadly.

"Um hello?" The second time he spoke struck me out of my trance as I inhaled a sharp breathe audibly.

"Hi." I closed my eyes scolding myself. Fucking 'Hi' that's it? What the fuck is wrong with me who the hell says that after avoiding someone.

"Hey." I heard the faint sound of the brush thudding against something as the sound of shuffling got closer to the phone.

"Are you um busy right now? Cause I can call you later unless you're busy then too or maybe Ill just wait for you to call me if you're not busy and if you are that's like totally fine, better yet I shouldn't have interrupted you I know your painting for the gallery taking place so you're totally busy oh Jesus I'm sorry I interrupted something import-" I rambled almost of breathe when I heard a soft laugh. My lips tugged upwards into a smile as I couldn't contain my own chuckle.

"Im literally mouth vomiting, I'm sorry."

"Im not busy, I'm surprised you're not." I cringed slightly, shifting in the drivers seat uncomfortably. He sounded almost bitter but I knew even if he was I couldn't be mad about it.

"I didn't want to do this over the phone but I'm sorry Oliver for avoiding you the past week I just.." I trailed off suddenly unsure of what to say. 'I just have a girlfriend' or 'I don't know if I like dick.' Better yet hit him with, 'I don't think I have feelings for you even though we've made out twice, I just don't know what I want you're presence makes me feel different.'

"Can you come over?" He asked suddenly which almost made me honk the horn by accident when my hand slipped down.

"Sure."

                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The feeling of discomfort shot all the way through me down to my toes seeing the coach with just a towel wrapped around his head, a fluffy pink bath robe and bunny slippers on the moment he opened the door. I eyed him wearily almost in question when he lifted his hand silencing me.

"You have no right to judge me just because my outfit is more awesome than you will ever be Jackson." He stated as a matter-of-fact, shifting to the side to let me through the door. Ow, that's a blow. I took off my shoes leaving them by the door as I made my way up the stairs after coach told me he was in the art room. Not that I knew where that was in this house but I guess I'll find it.

I heard the faint sound of classical music and hummed to myself following it down the corridor. I lifted my hand to knock twice but before I could it swung open and I almost knocked my fist into Olivers pretty face. His eyes widened as he stumbled back quickly as I gave him a look of horror gripping onto my own wrist.

"Jesus Oli, I could have knocked your teeth out."

"Says you! Why did you look so mad when I opened the door? It was almost like you were constipated." He mumbled out relaxing himself with deep breathes.

I took the time to dwell in his appearance. His glasses had a black smudge, his hoodie drenched in purples and greens. His neck had a streak of yellow and even his pants down to his socks had some blotches of paint. His hair was disheveled but in a cute way as it stuck up all over the place. My eyes glanced around the room. It was a good size, the walls themselves were white but the flooring had a clear plastic over it and the sheer amount of canvases were lined up along the walls one after the other. In the middle had the easel along with what he was currently working on which seemed to be a women in distress, a gown looking from many centuries ago torn and dirtied as the black spots of makeup ran down her face with her tears. What mostly caught of attention was a larger canvas but it was draped over with a white sheet blocking out it's piece behind it.