Warmth

((Okay so I'm really going to do my best to add some fluff in this chapter so bear with me I'm not used to writing this. Read my other fics the only fluff in there is hand holding so like be gentlE WITH ME I TRI MY BEST))

It had been a few weeks since "The incident" as Hanji and Levi referred to it. Levi had stopped sulking so much and was going back to work, Hanji on the other hand was quite busy, staying out extremely late and sometimes, not coming back for days at a time. When Levi asked she'd just give an exhausted smile and say that work was piling up from unexpected Investigator overtime. He never pressed on it after she had told him to be careful going to work. So, now he was just lying on the couch with Hanji's beloved pets, waiting for the brunette to pull herself away from work long enough to come home and rest.

Click, roll! The front door unlocked and in walked something that didn't really look like Hanji, the usual messy brown hair was still in it's ponytail but didn't look very shiny, the skin on the poor human was pale and under what was generally, eager amber orbs with a roaring flame of curiosity were a lifeless dull color you would would see as unpolished wood. She dropped her briefcase and sat against the door, Sawney eagerly jumped up and with his little tail wagging furiously, greeted Hanji.

"What the fuck happened to you?..." Levi had crouched down in front of the exhausted scientist, "Work... What else?"
"What are they doing to you though? You look like death is coming for you at any moment..." He brushed away some of the bangs out of her face, "Oh good. I look how I feel. I'm going to take a shower and go to bed. If I don't come out of the shower in like, thirty minutes I may have fallen asleep." The scientist stood up and walked towards her room to get clothes. Levi watched her as she went, she shrugged off her jacket and went into the room and closed the door, emerging eventually and taking a nice shower. She was in there for quite a while and eventually Levi went to see why she had been in there for almost an hour and a half, he gently knocked on the door. No reply, he knocked louder and louder with the same results until finally he heard a snort and a "I'm-I'm awake!" And scuttling across the tub. Hanji turned off the water and Levi went to the couch to leave her alone. When she came out she was fully clean and even more sleepy looking than before, "Hey... Remember how you had me dry your hair?" Levi looked up, "Yeah? Why?"
"Well I don't think I have it in me to finish drying my own... I haven't slept in like... Wait what day is it?"
"Thursday."
"I haven't slept in about forty hours because of work." Levi sighed, "Fine. Sit down and lean over." She did so and he began to gently rub the towel over her damp, brown locks. "You need to stay home tomorrow and rest." Hanji yawned, "Would love too... But I'm needed." He tugged on a small tangle and the scientist let out a small yelp, "No. You need sleep. I don't like my meals exhausted." She rubbed the spot, "Still bent on eating me, huh?"
"Yep. And you being tired will make the meat taste bad."
"Really? Changes in body composition can do that?" She asked while sitting up, "Whatever you say. Just lean back over. Your hair is still wet." She did so and while he finished drying up her hair he noticed it began to get harder to reach, finally he realized Hanji had doze off and landed on his shoulder. Levi eventually gave up and leaned back, he grabbed the blanket he affectionately wrapped up in and draped it over Hanji. As much as he didn't care for cuddling and such there was no way in hell he would wake her up, she almost looked like the living dead when she walked in. So here he was, with his room mate laying on his chest, gently patting her head and just laying there. It did feel kind of nice, she was still warm from the shower so it was like he had a heater right there. Eventually he wrapped his arms over her, a slight blush on his cheeks. It caused her to move and curl up more to him.

"Mmf..." A pair of amber orbs revealed themselves and groggily looked around, eventually making contact with stormy grey eyes, "Hm. I was wondering when you'd wake up." Hanji tilted her head with half lidded eyes, "What do you..." Her eyes widened and she tensed up, "FUCK I'M LATE." She began to try and get up but Levi tightened his grip, "No. You're staying here today, you were almost comatose from how asleep you were." Hanji fought his constrictor grip and eventually the two fell on the ground, Levi pinned her down, "LEVI I NEED TO GO TO WORK."
"NO."
"LEVI."
"You either stay here or I will come with you to work. And I'm sure it'll be great for your job to bring a ghoul!"
"LEVI. LET ME GOOO." She whined and eventually gave in, Levi sat up and crossed his arms, "I at least need to call in and say I'm not going." He relaxed a little, "You had gotten a text earlier, I answered it." Hanji sat up which caused Levi to slide onto her lap, "I am going to punch you." She groaned, he rested his chin on her shoulder, "I win."
"Shut up, Shorty."
"No."
"You're awfully cuddly today."
"I have no idea what humans do so I'm assuming this is it."
"Not really but you're welcome to keep sitting here. I don't really mind." Levi leaned a little closer, Hanji cautiously put his arms around his waist, "All I know is you're staying here. If it means staying like this, so be it. But you aren't leaving this apartment." She chuckled, "Alright alright, you stubborn ghoul. I am getting hungry so I'll need breakfast at some point." He nodded, "Okay. Just tell me when and I'll move." That being said the two stayed like that for a few minutes until Hanji's stomach growled.

"Levi. You don't have to sit in my lap the entire time." Hanji muttered into his ivory locks, "I know." He responded, she sighed and blushed a little bit, "I find it strange how I'm supposed to be your next big challenge and yet you're sitting in my lap like a needy pet. And believe me I have two I know what it's like." Speaking of the pets, Sawney was jealously eyeing Levi for taking his usual spot on Hanji's lap, "I'm making sure you're in top condition when we finally fight. What's the point of having a difficult prey when it isn't difficult?" She chuckled and started playing with his hair again, at first the ghoul tensed up but he soon relaxed under her touch, he almost started purring with delight and relaxed into her, Hanji smiled, when he was relaxed he was honestly kind of cute. His eyes were closed in contentment and his face had a neutral and peaceful expression, the lips of his usually frowned mouth were tugging at a serene smile. His head was tilted slightly back so she could keep play-
"Oi. What's with the face?"
Hanji blinked a few times and shook her head, "What do you mean?"
"You stopped messing with my mane. I looked up and you had some goofy expression."
"I didn't realize it. Sorry."
"Don't be."
Hanji went back to messing with his hair, Levi still looked content and molding to her soft touch. He loved it. It was relaxing and careful, she had the fingers of an angel and they caressed his hair delicately and he craved more, being a ghoul meant he never really was given affection and even though he was a brash and harsh person he still had basic needs. Sure he usually protested all of that gross lovey dovey nonsense but something like this, a small, quiet sign of affection. He really enjoyed it. Finally Hanji put her arms down, Levi frowned, "What's with the halt?" He turned to face her, "My arms got tired, plus I wanted to go take another shower." She said and began to stand up, immediately something grabbed her waist before she fully stood, "Oi. You're warm. You aren't leaving." He almost had to double take himself, even he was surprised at what he said, Hanji giggled and hugged him, "If it's anything I'll be extra warm when I get out of the shower!" She said, he thought for a moment then let go, "That sounds promising." She smiled and let go of him then went to go to the shower.

'What the fuck?!' The ghoul mentally slapped himself for what he did, it wasn't something terrible he did but he was shocked that it happened, eventually Hanji walked back in and sat on the couch, she held her arms wide open which Levi gladly took the chance and curled right up to her, he wrapped the blanket around the two of them and burrowed up, "Why the hell is your apartment so cold?" Hanji shrugged, "Dunno. But I want to take a nap so I'm going to head to my room soon so we can continue this in there." Levi nodded, his cheeks becoming slightly rosy. The two picked up and went to her room Hanji curled up under a blanket and Levi wrapped up to her side, she took her glasses off and closed her eyes, she fell asleep quickly and Levi watched her for a few minutes, he put his forehead to her jawline and rested his head on her shoulder an closing his eyes, falling asleep quietly and peacefully.

((Okay sorry if this was long and kinda boring I really tried with the fluff, like I said at the beginning I have no idea how to write this stuff but I hope you enjoyed! There's going to be some MAJOR things happening soon so stay tuned until next time!))