Chapter 1

I would never have imagined that I would be arrested. On top of that, arrested for breaking into the house of one of the people I admired the most in this world. Just remembering Camila's cold expression when she saw that I was the intruder, my stomach turned. She probably thinks I'm crazy, and maybe I am, and will ask Drake to fire me. What was I thinking? I think I took this obsession beyond reason.

The police kept talking about doughnuts.

- Hey, officer! - I call a chubby police officer who was sitting reading a copy of Sports Illustraded.

- What do you want? - He's approach's, looking bored.

- Can you tell me what time it is?

He looks at his wristwatch. - 2 a.m. - My God, it was late as hell! Dinah and Ally are probably worried.

- Can I make my phone call now? - He makes a face, and I read the name tag on his uniform reads Timbers. - Thanks, Timbers. - I say when he opens the door to my cell..

- There. - Timbers moves away. I decide to call Ally's,  she answers quickly.

- Hello? - She has a sleepy voice.

- Hi, Ally. It's me, Lauren.

- Lauren! - She screams, and I hear Dinah's voice in the background: "Did that bastard give a sign of life?"

- Ally, listen, I can't take long. I need you to pick me up from the 23rd police station.

- Police station, but why?

- Let's say I was arrested.

- What? - Ally screams. - What did you do Lauren Michelle? What's your problem?

- Look, Ally, I'll explain it to you later. Can you come here?

- All right. Dinah and I are on our way.

- Back to the cell, Jauregui. - frustrated by having to go back to that stuffy place. I sit on the floor of the cell as Timbers puts a chair next to me, but obviously outside the cell. Dinah and Ally were furious and my head hurts just thinking about the lecture I'm going to get later. I try to fall asleep, but of course I can't. I desperately want to go home. It takes about 20 minutes, I think, until I hear a voice that makes me jump of joy. Ally.

- Ally! Ally! - The short girl has a serious expression, talking to the officer, who arrested me. She shows him some papers and gets closer to me.

- What was going through your mind? - Her voice is furious. - Breaking into private property, and on top of that Cabello's house?

- I...

- You idiot! You have no idea how worried Dinah and I were, Lauren Jauregui. - I feel ashamed and bow my head.

- I'm sorry. Ally, I only did this because I wanted to somehow feel closer to her. Do you understand?

Ally sighs, taking my hand. - Look, I'll get you out of here, okay? Dinah is outside and I called Zach. He's worried and he's not coming because Amber is sick. - I feel a little better to learn that Ally called Zach. Zacharias Smith, or Zach, was my childhood best friend. We have known each other since we were 8 years old and we are inseparable. He is a biochemist, married to James Dawlish, also a biochemist. The two met in the first year of college and have a daughter named Amber, whom they adopted from a teenage mother who did not want the child. Amber is 7 months old and is the most beautiful thing in the world.

- It's okay, Allycat. Thank you very much.

Ally moves away, leaving me alone with Timbers and my guilty thoughts. I'm screwed. A long time goes by and the officer once again approaches my cell.

- You're free, Miss Jauregui.

- Free?

- Yes. Ms. Cabello withdrew her charges against you. She's here and told us to let you go.

I jump as he opens the cell door, taking off my handcuffs. I leave not knowing exactly what to do. Camila freed me? The moment I get to the hall, I see Camila standing there. She stares at me, her beautiful eyes sparking, more beautiful than ever. Shes wearing a black jacket, and I realize that its my jacket, that I left on the floor by the stairs.

- Hi, Lauren. - She says smiling. How many times have I dreamed of this day? The day she would know my name.

- Hi. - I speak shyly.

- Did you hear that I withdrew the charges against you?

- Yes. - I bow my head, stunned.

- Great. You and I have a couple things to discuss. But I want you to go home and get some rest. Miss Brooke is waiting for you. - I'm embarrassed that she knows Ally's name and says she has business with me.

- It's okay. - She hands me a card, with her name and a number.

- That's my number. I want you to call me later.

I nod, amazed by finally having her number. This is so weird. Camila walks away, going towards the exit, but stops.

- I love your jacket. - she says and leaves, leaving me with my mouth open. I sign some papers, pick up my cell phone and go outside. Freedom.

Dinah and Ally are near Dinah's Toyota Prius. Ally hugs me and as we get in the car. - Do you have shit on your head, Lauren? I always knew you were stupid,after all you're a fan of Camila's,but breaking into her house? - Dinah says, after a few minutes of silence. -Ally even cried.

- I'm sorry, Dinah. Seriously. I wasn't thinking!- She shuts up and I see Ally smiling through the rearview mirror.

- Everything will be fine. - I try to believe her words, but to no avail. Camila's presence at the police station is not mentioned and I am fine with it. I didn't want to have to explain things that even I didn't know. Ally and Dinah don't say anything else to me, understanding that I wanted to be left alone. I lay in my bed, thinking about everything that happened. Why did she release me?

Why did she take my jacket and say she wanted to talk to me?

Well, Camila Cabello was stranger and more beautiful than I thought.