Chapter 16

The feeling of waking up late and not having to worry about work is great. My mood was fine due to my afternoon yesterday with Camila. It's amazing that her simple acts already drive me crazy. When I got up this morning with a smile, I simply saw what that woman was doing to me. Dinah and Ally had already gone to work, leaving me alone and with an inexplicable happiness. Camila had sent me a message early, since now it was 10 a.m., and the message was sent at eight o'clock.

~Camila 8:00 Good morning, sweet.

It was a simple good day message, but a good day that was able to make me smile in the air. I have her stick on my mind, her lips, her body, her smile, and the feeling of sleeping next to her. I even missed the smell of her. As I was in a good mood, I decided to clean the house,cleaning the whole apartment, soon after I decide to cook for myself, frying a lot tomatoes. Singing around without containing the excitement, until the doorbell rings. When I see in the peep hole who it is, a knot forms in my stomach. It was Normani. With all the excitement for spending the afternoon with Camila, I forgot what I had done and now I felt the guilt. I open the door, running into her serious expression. She comes in. Normani wore a light blue short dress, silk, I think, and sits on my couch. I close the door, sitting in the armchair, looking into her brown eyes.

- You didn't call me.

- I'm sorry. I had a busy day. - I Scratch the back of my head, scolding myself for forgetting.

- What do you want from me, Lauren? - She explodes, angry, and with a dull eye, feeling a huge shame. Sex was wonderful, I had nothing to complain about, but after everything that happened yesterday, I started to think it was a mistake. A betrayal on my part and Normani's.

- I...

- Don't you know what to say? Are you sorry?

- Mani, look. I'm sorry I didn't call you, I had a busy day, and a lot in my head...

- A lot of Camila in your head, you mean.

- Normani... - I beg you.

- Look, I understand that there's a lot in your head right now, but you can't have sex with me and then act as if nothing had happened. We need to talk about it.

- And we will, Now.

- Great. - She crosses her arms. - You're sorry, right? - Her tone of voice is low and hurt, and I feel bad about it. Normani was an amazing person, and yes, I'm attracted to her, more than I should, but the person I was in love with is someone else. Trying to cover the sun with the a finger and ignore everything won't be good.

- I'm not sorry. It was amazing. I feel guilty. I have an appointment with Camila and I don't want to hurt her. Try to understand, I've always been obsessed with her, in love and now I have the opportunity to have her to myself.

Normani sighs. - It's okay. I made a mistake too. Camila is my best friend, I don't want to stick a knife in her back. But know that this is not going to work. Camila doesn't date, she doesn't fall in love, and when she gets tired, she'll get rid of you. That's what she does.

- Mani... - I start, but she interrupts me.

- You're warned. And when she sends you away from her life, look for me. I'll be here for you Lauren, because it may seem crazy and fast, but I think I'm falling in love with you. - I open my mouth surprise. What do you mean?

- You...

- Look, forget it, okay? Let's be friends. I'll keep pretending to date you, no matter how much I want it to be true. That's all. Bye, green eyes. - And she gets up, and kisses me on the cheek, and making me confused.