31 - Sealing My Fate

*:.. o ..:*

Avery POV:

Wait...did she say her name is Bo-Katan Kryze?

So that's why she looked so familiar. I've never met her, but I have indeed heard all kinds of stories about someone named Bo-Katan Kryze and her involvement with the terrorist group Death Watch, and whatnot.

That thought struck a pang of fear inside of me. Could she still be associated with that group and is now here to target our kingdom?

Wearily, I took a step back, "You...You're with Death Watch."

Her smile instantly dropped and was replaced with a look of shock and... hurt? "No." She instantly said, holding out her hand that wasn't holding her helmet in a placating gesture. "I'm not with them anymore, I promise. You don't have to be afraid." She spoke softly, but something about the shift in her tone and mood surprised me. Not that I didn't believe her, but she doesn't seem like the type of person who would normally express any sort of compassion.

I nodded slowly and felt myself relaxing, "Okay." I then remembered why she said she was here in the first place. "Though I'm surprised my mother let you in for, uh, negotiation matters," I said with suspicion, "Given what's been going on with our kingdom."

She nodded, "That's actually why I'm here. I'm going to send two of my battalions; one here and one in Coruscant to defend your sister against Alastair if need be. And before you ask," She added quickly, noticing my confusion as to how she knew my about my sister, "Yes; I know about her. You can trust me." I noticed another subtle hint of desperation in her voice at the end, which only puzzled me more.

But how could she know about (y/n)? My mother has been very intransigent on keeping her existence a secret, save for a select few who we know can be trusted. But Bo-Katan of all people, I would not have guessed.

I feel as well that these new bits of information were sprung on me so quickly, so I don't know if I can trust her just yet. I didn't know what to believe anymore.

But I do know I was foolish to trust Luca so easily, so now I'm even more adamant on not making that same mistake again. He's the reason I'll never be able to view trust the same way I used to.

"Well, uh," I paused briefly, trying to decide where else I could take this strange conversation. "I should go find my mother." I said quickly, moving past her and giving a brief nod goodbye. I didn't give her enough time to react as I left, but something about that encounter left me with a strange mix of feelings I couldn't name.

(y/n) POV:

(Takes place before Anakin's most recent POV)

I paced around the empty training room for what felt like hours, but had probably only been around thirty minutes.

How long is this ridiculous Council meeting going to take? Couldn't they gossip about the Separatists and spice trade another day?

Just as I was finally going to tell Anakin the truth about myself, he just had to be called in for a Council meeting with the Chancellor. He told me to wait here and keep practicing for my assessment, but that is by far the last concern in my mind. I had even tried calling him on my comlink, but he never picked up or even sent a signal.

My heartbeat increased with each minute that passed, beads of sweat dripped from my forehead as anxiety and fear overtook me. I continued to pace, running my hands through my hair in anger and frustration, both at myself and Alastair for whatever plan he has that will inevitably ruin my life. A horrible feeling was beginning to churn in the pit of my stomach, making me feel so nauseous that I just might hurl. Anakin shouldn't have been gone this long.