6 - Vanilla, Cinnamon, and Roses

*:.. o ..:*

(a/n): I've decided to start adding some flashbacks. I'm not sure how many there will be but I hope you all like them🥰

(y/n) POV:

I woke up peacefully from the two hour nap I took after I had woken up early to call my Mom. And I say peacefully because Anakin wasn't currently in our quarters, so he couldn't yell and knock on my door at an obnoxiously loud volume like he usually does.

He truly has a gift for purposely being the most annoying Jedi in existence.

I idly threw my legs off of the side of my bed and stretched, feeling the bright sun seep onto different parts of my skin through the window. For once, I took my time getting dressed as I thought about how today would turn out. I decided that I should talk with Yoda sometime about my plans for the palace, and ask his suggestions about ways for the Jedi to help. The last time an attack on the palace occurred—when my father died—there was a whole army of soldiers tearing down our walls and firing their blasters at every living being in sight. Though I was too young to remember, the thought of having to endure something like that shook me to my core.

And despite being a Jedi, I don't often go on missions where constant danger is promised. Most Jedi don't question it, but others have outwardly assumed that Yoda is going too easy on me given that they don't know he's just making sure I'm as safe as possible.

As I noticed my bandage on my forehead in the mirror, I remembered what happened before I took my nap; did I really agree to helping my own Jedi Master sleep by telling him stories?

Of all the weird things I've done in my life, that has to at least be in the top three.

Nonetheless, I didn't want to call it quits just because it was most definitely going to be strange and uncomfortable. The main goal I have is to ebb his nightmares, which will hopefully result in him not being an ass every five seconds. That's hardly an exaggeration, too. From the moment we met, he's constantly had some sort of bone to pick with me and I was never able to figure out why. I mean, I figured that he never really wanted a Padawan to begin with, but I know it's more than that; one of the many differences between him and I is that I actually attempted to be a nice person when we first met.

Flashback (5 years ago)

I excitedly jogged down the ramp of the ship that landed just outside of the Jedi Temple, and inhaled the crisp morning air of Coruscant. Today was the day that I could finally meet my Jedi Master, Anakin Skywalker. My heart began to beat loudly against my sternum as I spotted him, next to Master Yoda and Master Windu. I haven't ever seen him in person, just in photos and holograms which only made this so much more surreal.

I've waited to become a Padawan for so long, and now it's finally happening! Nothing could ruin this moment for me.

As I approached the three Jedi who hadn't noticed me yet, I saw Master Skywalker cross his arms boredly. He turned to Yoda and began grumbling about something that I could only catch a few words of.

"....Ridiculous decision....Don't need....Slowing me down...."

I rose an eyebrow confusedly as I tried to make out what he was saying, but I wasn't close enough and his voice was too low. For now, I shrugged it off and kept walking towards them with confident strides, hoping to make a good first impression.