17 - Odd Man Out

*:.. o ..:*

(a/n): Your first helping of spice will be served in this chapter🥰

(y/n) POV:

I was once again stopped in the hallway on my way to see Aero, this time by Obi-Wan. I thought nothing of it at first, until he bluntly admitted that he knows who I am. I didn't even think that I had heard him correctly.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked, signaling for him to repeat himself.

He tilted his head amusedly at my bewilderment, "I know your true identity, Queen (y/n)." He teased lightheartedly.

My heart dropped to my stomach in shock—initially out of fear—because despite the fact that I've always trusted Obi-Wan and considered him a friend, I can never be too sure who to trust with this kind of information.

"How could you possibly know? And how do I know I can trust you?" I asked in a whisper-yell, paranoid about eavesdroppers.

He held out his hands in a placating gesture, "You can trust me, (y/n). I apologize for my blunt revelation but I figured that was the best method to get it out of the way." He explained, defending himself.

I nodded slowly, but my eyes were still narrowed in confusion, "Okay....but how do you know this? And why am I just finding out now?" Yoda told me that he was the only Jedi who knew my identity. Does he know that Obi-Wan knows?

He nodded, "I'm sorry to spring all of this information on you, but I believed this was a good time since you're already here in Alderaan. The reason I know this is because I was already on a mission in Alderaan before your father was assassinated. I found almost right away that you were strong with the force, so when the time came, your mother...." He smiled softly, "Your mother entrusted me to contact Master Yoda so he could help me in bringing you to the Temple. She made it very clear that if anything happened to you, my head would end up on a stick." He chuckled at the memory he was recalling.

I chuckled at the mention of my mother—who I've been learning more and more recently used to be a lot like me when she was younger—and felt myself relax, realizing that Obi-Wan is on my side. He's telling the truth.

I sighed in relief, "I believe you. But why didn't I know this sooner? This is critical information, and as the Queen, I should be informed of this if someone else knows about me."

Obi-Wan chewed the inside of his cheek uncertainly, "That's just it, (y/n). One of the reasons I'm telling you this now is because, when you were a child, Master Yoda and I decided it would be best if you believed only he knew who you were. That way, you would treat your identity as more of a secret, and wouldn't assume that more Jedi knew about this." He explained slowly, picking up on my dubiety.

I closed my eyes and sighed in irritation. Based on what Obi-Wan just told me, they were just trying to play it safe so that I didn't waltz around telling all the Jedi about my identity. Still, it's upsetting that this was kept from me my whole life.

I opened my eyes and waved off my indignation, "Whatever, I'll talk to him about that later. What was the other reason for why you're telling me this now?"

Obi-Wan nodded and smiled amiably, and pulled out a folded piece of paper from the pocket of his robe, "Just before your father passed on, he handed me this letter, which he requested be given to you before your time comes to officially rule Alderaan."

I grabbed the letter from his hand, examining it in awe. I could tell it was quite long, and had been folded up four or five times. My father wrote this. For me. Aside from my Mom and this kingdom, this letter is the last remaining fragment of my father that I have left. I almost wanted to cry.