16 - Long May She Reign

*:.. o ..:*

TW: Blood and death

(y/n) POV:

I paced back and forth in my elegant blue and gold bedroom. The sun was bright this morning; each streak of light layered different parts of my cold skin, scattering luminous warmth over my bare limbs. As I paced, every ray of sunshine found a new part of my body to inundate.

The warmth, feeling like a fiery cloak, only served as a reminder of how I woke up this morning; comfortably in Anakin's strong arms. My subconscious was getting the best of me as it replayed those moments, and as I remembered how gorgeous his features looked from up close.

It's not like he hasn't always looked that way, part of the reason Anakin is so self-conceited is because he gets so many compliments for his natural charm and good looks. But in the past, his disdain towards me has prompted me to see no beauty in him; internally and externally.

Though as of recently, my perception of him has changed. He's been friendly, he's made me laugh, and he's actually been showing me snippets of kindness every day. Sure, we still have our quarrels and moments of bickering, but that just makes our relationship more fun and exciting.

I sighed out loud as I flopped onto my back on the silky blue sheets of my king-sized bed. I don't see my Master the same way I used to. Everything has been changing so quickly, all because I started helping him make his nightmares go away.

Suddenly I heard three vigorous knocks at my door. Knowing who it was, I sat up stiffly and plastered on my best fake smile, "Come in!"

Avery pushed her way inside, shutting the door with her foot. The first thing I noticed was that she looked fancier than normal. Her natural ginger waves were curled, and half of it was up in a braided bun. Her cheeks were highlighted with sparkles that gently gleamed from where I sat. Her dress went to her knees, and the majestic golden color of it dazzled from a beam of sunlight that was currently targeting it.

I was too distracted noticing how gorgeous she looked when all of a sudden, a fruit was being thrown straight at me. I shrieked in surprise and stopped it with the force right before it hit me in the face.

I looked over at Avery with wide eyes, "What was that for?" I asked breathlessly.

She approached me and I could see her eyes scintillated with both confusion and intrigue, "Are you holding out on me?"

I blinked and furrowed my brows, having now idea what she was talking about, "Huh? Holding out what?"

Her expression fell into a look that practically screamed, 'Are you kidding me?' She sauntered over to my bed and sat at the edge of it, straightening out her dress as she did so.

Then she turned to look at me seriously, quieting her voice as if to ensure no one was listening, "I saw you. Leaving his room."

Her words didn't register at first, and my bewildered expression remained. But when they did register, my eyes widened and I held my hands out in a defensive manner, "No. No no no it's not at all what you're thinking."

I can't believe she saw me leaving his room. It only adds more layers to the embarrassment I'm already dealing with.

A smile rose to her lips at my neurotic reaction, the sparkle in her snowy white teeth perfectly complimented her peach colored lip gloss. "If that's so, then why are you redder than my shoes?" Her gaze became shrewd, and I felt like I was being interrogated.