27 - Jealousy is Insecurity

*:.. o ..:*

(a/n): In this chapter - lots of angst and difficult emotions but it all turns soft in the end❤️

(y/n) POV:

In Coruscant...

My eye twitched as I watched a particularly risqué scene play out before my eyes. And unfortunately for me, I've had to watch this exact scene three times today, and now I could hardly contain my anger. I sat at a lone table in the Temple cafeteria, gripping a fork in my hand so hard that my nails dug harshly into my palm.

Today wasn't like any other day; a group of clones and three Jedi—Anakin included—just returned from a three day long mission from a small Republic planet which has a ridiculous name that I don't remember, but what I did know is that the Jedi were sent to protect its Senator, but ended up bringing her here because their planet was overrun by rogue assassins from the outer rim. The other two Jedi and the rest of the clones are still there doing what they can to maintain the state of the planet, while Anakin returned back with the Senator who he was currently conversing with at the other end of the cafeteria.

Well, he was conversing. But she, on the other hand, was practically all over him. She couldn't seem to keep her hands off of him; caressing his arms and shoulders, and playfully hitting his chest. And to make matters worse, he was hardly recoiling or making it obvious that he isn't interested.

Or at least, that's what it seemed like in my short tempered state of mind. Maybe my emotions are heavily exaggerating what's actually happening, which is probably the case, but I'm currently too irritated to care.

A logical part of me was saying that maybe he didn't want to seem rude and ruin this Senators good view of the Jedi, but all logic and reassurance was clouded with an awful, and ugly emotion that I've never felt until now; jealousy.

It's horrible timing as well, because I was going to pull him aside when I had the chance to talk about our commitment and if we're on the same level with that. It's been nagging at me for days, and the more I dwell on it, the more crazy conclusions my mind creates and jumps to.

So I've been constantly worrying; what if Anakin gets bored of me? What if he finds someone prettier, smarter? What if when he learns who I really am, it will scare him away and he'll find a less complicated girl to be with?

Jealousy is a foreign feeling to me, and even though it's the first time I'm experiencing it, I already hate it. It's like a virus, devouring me from the inside until it's the only thing left. But my insecurities are only encouraging it further. And the view I currently have is not helping to ebb it whatsoever.

"....Ha! Wow, you're so funny, you know that?" The Senator cackled obnoxiously and grabbed onto Anakin's bicep as if whatever he was saying made her laugh so hard that she needed support to stand.

My jaw clenched, and I gripped the fork in my hand harder to contain my growing rage. But it hardly seemed to work, as dishes started to rattle, and all the hanging lights in the room began swaying side to side from the weight of my emotions.

There were many other Jedi in the cafeteria seeing as it was around lunchtime, so the moderately loud chatter kept any attention off of the commotion I was causing.