21 - A Deal With The Devil

*:.. o ..:*

(y/n) POV:

My eyelids drooped heavily as I began to awaken. At first I couldn't even open them until I practically forced them open. I tried lifting myself off of whatever I was laying on with my hands, but instantly hissed when the surface scraped them. I looked down in confusion, and saw that I had been laying on a rocky substance.

Memories of the last time I had been awake came rushing back, and I shot up off of the ground. My first instinct was to reach for my lightsaber, but it wasn't in its usual spot on my utility belt. In fact, all of my weapons were gone.

"What the hell?" I muttered quietly, beginning to panic.

Since I had spent most of my life protected in the walls of the Temple, I'd never been in a situation like this before. And I have no idea what to do, I don't even know where I am. Someone obviously brought me here, and my first guess immediately was Alastair.

Regardless, whoever it was struck me when I was alone, which is the most frustrating part. I had one job; to stay safe. And I couldn't even do that. I shouldn't have run after I kissed Anakin, but in the moment I couldn't help it. I felt so embarrassed, and his blank expression worried me that I had done the wrong thing.

I turned around, and was met with a row of cell bars right in front of me, as well as lanterns that lit up a good portion of this strange place. That was when I realized by the cold rocks, the star-speckled roof, and the faint splashing of water in the distance that I was in a cave.

I gripped the bars and first attempted to pry them open, thinking maybe they're old enough to break with enough strength. And when that didn't work, I tried using the force to pry the cell door open with the force, and even tried using another technique Anakin taught me to open the lock itself.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." A voice spoke from out of nowhere, startling me.

A figure soon stepped into the light of the lanterns surrounding my cell, and to say my jaw dropped would be an understatement. "If this cell is opened without the key, it's rigged to immediately self destruct, therefore killing us both." Luca shrugged as he sauntered towards my cell, making me step back.

"You?" I gasped in shock. "I'll admit I had some suspicions but....I didn't think you would do this. What am I even doing here?" I demanded.

I was becoming more confused by the second. Even though my intuition about him ended up being correct, it still doesn't answer the question of where he's been disappearing to lately, or what purpose he has for taking me here.

He sighed in annoyance, "Relax, you're just my leverage. And if everything goes according to plan, then maybe I'll let you live."

I scoffed, still wide-eyed, "How am I supposed to relax when you say that? Especially after you clocked me in the back of the head." I muttered, rubbing the hair of my sore spot.

He can't be serious. This whole situation is unbelievable. Tonight has been nothing but a quick, unstoppable turn of events so far.

"Also, why am I your leverage?" I asked curiously.

Luca's armor clinked to a halt as he finally appeared in front of the bars and brought his gloved hands up, gripping them gently. I took another step back, almost tripping backwards from the uneven rocky ground.