46. Good News

Surpriseeeeeee babiesss😘Had this in the drafts for a while but unu a seh mi fi update so....😗
.................

Kamara's pov:

A couple months have passed. My relationship with Shane has been sailing smoothly.

"Yuh ready babe?" Shane asked and walked into the room.

"Yes" I responded and stood up from the bed.

He walked up to me and looked me up and down then kissed me on my forehead.

"You look beautiful" he mutters.

"Thank you handsome" I smiled. He took my hand and led me outside to the car.

We were on our way to  Kerri and Tae's gender reveal

Yes!

Mumma get trapped!

Look like we nah go have no hot girl summer next year caa goodie go have newborn.

Mi cya even laugh cuz from dem tell we seh she preggo Shane nuh stop give mi some hints.

An him nah tek it easy at all pon mi.....everyday.....if yuh know wah mi mean.

But none a dat!! Me????? Aguh baby free fi summer.

Dat is a promise.

Nyam dem plan b deh like sweeite to rass

Shane pulled up to the venue and opened my door.

I got out of the car and walked into the setting.

We pushed our way through the crowd of people and made our way to the front.

Kerri sitting in her chair in front of the whole room with a bunch of gifts on the table before her crying hysterically as Tae tried to calm her down.

I pulled my hand from Shane's grasp and hurried over to her.

"Wahm to yuh?" I asked. I took a rag from my purse and began drying her face.

"Y-y-your late" she slaps my arms as she cries.

"That's y yah cry?" I asked.

"Yeeeesss"

Boy she a put down a piece of cow bawling.

I kissed my teeth.

Me being late was totally not my fault. Mi did tell Shane fi hurry up but because the likkle brute cya control himself.

Look wah happen now, mi best friend a cry in front a wah crowd bcz mi late to har gender reveal.

Den dis coulda normal?

"Alright I'm here now calm down suh yuh can opens your gift and then we'll find out the gender"

I rub her back in hopes of calming her down.

It took a while but within minutes she was smiling and the crowd was laughing.

I looked over at Tae an he blew out a breath of relief. He whispered something to Shane and they began laughing.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed some bags and gave them to Kerri.

After she opened her gifts the time came to find out the gender of their baby.

I looked around for Shane and saw him leaning on a wall in the back.

Den mek him a social distance from everybody suh?

I shook my head and grabbed a mic. "Alright can everybody please gather around" I stated.

Kerri and Tae walked up to the front and stood beside the two huge balloons. 

All their family and friends with a few other people gathered around them and started videoing.

I moved the mic from my face an smiled "How we aguh do dis?" I ask Tae since he was closer to me.

"Mi nuh know enuh mi jus wah mi baby come out already." He shrugged.

I laughed. "And a wah bwoy mi want suh dis betta guh right" he added

Dqt nah go happen...as yall can see im team girl ALL DAY EVERYDAY!!

I shook my head. "Alright we're gonna count down from 5 and then yall are gonna pop the balloons. Yall already know how this goes, if its pink, its a girl and if its blue, its a boy"

"My baby is not an it Kamara" Kerri rolled her eyes and the crowd laughed.

I shook my head "Ok ready"

"THREE....."

"TWO......."

"ONE..."

Everybody screamed once they saw the colour except for Tae.

I ran up to Kerri and hugged her "CONGRATULATIONS BESTIEEE" I shout in her ears as we jump around like idiots.

She took one for the team. Affi love har fi dat cuz I could never.

"Den a strong fi mi seed neva strong?" Tae asks. The crowd laughs and he smiles.

Kerri jumps on him and started smiling uncontrollably.

"U n yuh heavy self" he chuckles and tries to kiss her.

Kerri jumped down and scrunched her face up.

"Wah mi do?" Tae asked me.

"Yuh basically just call her fat.....never do dat to a pregnant woman" I said he looked at me with a shocked expression before he bursts out saying...

"Fat up thickaz belly" he sings and rubs Kerri's belly. She laughs and shakes her head.

"Yuh good?" A voice came from behind me. I jumped as hands slid around my waist.

I relax once I realise who it is and nod in response.

Shane daps up Tae and congratulates him, they talk for a while before he came back to me.

"Dem cute nuh chu" I smile and look at Tae and Kerri as people congratulate them.

Shane hums. "Soon" he says with no context whatsoever.

I raise my eyebrows and he does the same.

Could neva wah mi deh think still.... 

For the rest of the evening we danced and conversed with family and friends.

We had a good time.

..................
Since y'all were dying😩

Lemme just say that the "updates" for this book wont be an everyday thing it'll just be a once in a while alrrrrr?😭

Sorry for any mistakes!

Thank you soooo much for the support btw💕🎉love dat