29. Date (1)

Kam's pov:

These the chapters y'all been waiting for😣

We just dropped the kids off and are on our way to my parents house.

Shane had to sleep in a guest room because the kids didn't want to leave my side. Mari kept on flirting with me, Elle wanted me to play with her all day and Harmony always wanted to be held.

Dem bun mi out.

Lets just say...I'm not having kids any time soon.

I got my hair done early today when the kids were sleeping. By the time I went back to the house it was around 10am. They were running around and Shane was trying his best to hold Harmony while preparing breakfast.

I ended up getting the kids ready and he finished making them breakfast.

We pulled up to the gate of my parents house and I got out. I waited for Shane and we walked to the door together.

I took out my spare key and opened the door. We walked in and kicked off our shoes at the door.

I already called my parents so they were expecting us.

I smelled food so my first destination was the kitchen.

I dragged Shane along with me. It was my mother and father cooking.

"Heyyyyyyy" I greet them and went over to the stove.

I took up a dish towel and opened the pot. I saw some brown stew chicken and was about to take out one.

My mother slapped my hand "Lock back the pot."

I paused and looked at her.

I mumbled under my breath and closed the pot. I heard chuckling and looked over at my dad and Shane and they stopped.

I rolled my eyes at them.

"What u cooking?" I turned back to my mom

"No hi, hello, howdy do?" she rolled her eyes.

Ku ya

I breathe out slowly. Mi know she hear when mi come in enuh

"I said hey when I came in" I shrugged.

"An yuh guh straight to the pot like a the pot u did a talk to" she sasses.

I laughed and hugged her "Heyyyyyy"

She hugged me back "How's the apartment, you like it?"

I've slept there once.....

"Yep its really nice" I turned my attention to Shane

"Really nice." I gritted out squinting my eyes at him and he smirked.

He turned his attention back to my father. Since when dem talk up suh.

I turned back to my mother and we continued talking.
..................
We just pulled off from my parents house. "Shane you're going to take me to my house now" I folded my arms and sunk in the seat

"Tomorrow, memba we have the date tonight plus mi have a surprise for you before that at my house" he says without looking at me.

Mi mood instantly lifts at his "surprise" for me.

I checked my phone and it was currently 3:32pm.

He stopped at burger king and bought myself and him something to eat.

"Is Mrs.Jackie going to be there?" I asked. I've grown really fond of the woman even tho I've only known her for a day.

"No mi tell her fi tek a day off" he nods to the music playing through the speakers.