30. Date (2)

Kam's pov:

Apparently his friend is friends with the owner of this place so he texted them on Instagram to book a night.

It's a cute little board deck in a tree which is decorated to your liking.

He led me up the stairs, candles lining both sides.

Whew. What a good thing mi nuh fraid a heights.

I looked in awe at the place, its so beautiful.

We reached the top and he stepped to the side. I walked beside him my mouth hung open.

Oh.my.god.

That's all I could think. This is so romantic and beautiful. There's a white cloth over the wooden floor with pink and red rose petals on it.

There's a small table with a glass of wine, a tray of fruits and one with cookies, paintings, a basket with food and dangling lights above our heads.

I looked at him and smiled. "Its so pretty Shane"

He smiled and me and went to open a basket. He took out a bouquet of flowers with money wrapped around each.

I grinned and took them. I inhaled their scent, so delicate.

"Mmmmm thank you."

He nodded and helped me sit down.

He took out the food and we started coversing while eating.

"Why'd you decide to bring me here" I asked looking around.

"Most people guh pon a date at a restaurant or something but I simply thought....why not go in a tree" he gave me a smug smile.

I laughed and slapped his arm playfully. He took up the wine and two glasses. He poured the wine in them.

I took up mine and locked eyes with him. His stare was too intense so I broke eye contact smiling shyly.

"To us and new beginnings" he raised his glass and I did the same. I took a sip and smiled.

"I have something important to ask you tho" he says

I hummed and looked at him. "I was originally supposed to ask you back at home.." He got up and sat in front of me.

He took my hand in his and his eyes ran over my dress. "Be mine" he states.

"I thought you said question" I laughed nervously

He looked at me expectantly with his eyebrows raised.

"Yes I'll be yours" I laughed. He smiled and pulled me to him. He held my face in his stands and kissed me passionately.

We sat down with my back to his chest and as feeds me the fruits.

"Shane" I mumbled.

He hummed in response. "What happen to yuh father" I asked in curiosity.

He inhaled deeply. "Him cheat pon mi mother a while after u did lef fi guh a farrin and get the girl pregnant."

Ohhhhhhhhh

"Oh so Juju is your half brother then?"

He chuckled softly "No juju is my full brother, you just never saw him when we were younger because he didn't live with us"

"Ok" I nodded in understanding.

"What's your half brothers name?" I urge.

His body stiffened and I turned my head to look at him.