019

- Rina's POV

Today is going to be a great day!

It's carnival day with Jay and Minseok. It's 3pm and I'm just getting ready to leave at 4:30.

I put my planned outfit on, which is slightly more than casual. I'm going on my bike and meeting with them there.

When I arrive at 4:50, Jay and Minseok are already there. Our session doesn't start until 5pm, so we get our tickets and wait.

While waiting, we see Jungwon and Ni-ki pull up in a car. Soon after, I spot Yuna. Jay, Minseok, and I are further up in the line than the rest of our friends.

The clock hits 5 and they let us in the park.

"What ride shall we go on first?"

Jay asks.

"Let's start off strong. That rollercoaster, over there!"

Minseok replies.

The roller coaster he points to isn't too high, and doesn't have a terrifying drop. Only one loop and a couple small drops.

We all walk to the line of this ride, just in time to be at the front.

"Oh no, trio. Who wants to sit in the front with me?"

Minseok asks.

"I will!"

Says Jay.

"Alright, I'll sit behind you guys."

I say.

- Jay's POV

We hop on the rollercoaster and it starts going up.

"I haven't been on a ride like this in years! I guess I'm feeling extra bold today."

Minseok says as he looks at me. He grabs my hand reassuringly.

I feel my cheeks flushing up, and I look away.

Soon enough, we drop and go around in loops. I yell out of fear, but I see Minseok is laughing and smiling the whole time. I'm still holding his hand. I can hear Rina screaming cuss words behind me.

The ride is over, and I'm no longer holding hands with him. Minseok glances at me and chuckles sweetly.

"Okay, let's do something a bit more chill?"

Rina says.

We walk out and head straight to the teacups.

All three of us sit in the purple teacup, with me in between Rina and Minseok.

"Let's go, purple cup!"

Minseok cheers.

The ride starts, and Minseok goes crazy on the wheel. We're spinning so fast, I'm not even getting dizzy anymore.

"Holy shit, Minseok. You must work out a lot!"

Rina says, wobbling.

"Yeah, I guess so. Gotta have nice arms for making drinks all day."

Minseok replies.

The next ride we end up at is my favourite, the free fall.

This ride has a bit more of a wait than the others. The park is getting more busy, as it's almost 6pm

"We should have bought fast passes, this would have been way faster."

Says Minseok.

"It's okay, Mini. We have plenty of time."

I say. Minseok smiles at me.

Ten minutes later, the lines passes and we're able to get on the ride. We all sit beside each other, and I'm in the middle, again.

Minseok is smiling once again, and I am too. I look to my right, and Rina looks very anxious.

She clutches my hand tightly. And suddenly, all the feelings I thought I had lost for her start flooding back in.

I push it down and smile at her.

The whole ride, Rina is holding my hand tighter and tighter. At this point, the butterflies in my stomach aren't even from the free fall, it's from Rina.

When we get off the ride, I suddenly miss the feeling of her hand in mine.

"Jay, you okay?"

Minseok asks.

"Yeah, all good here."

A couple more rides later, and it's 7pm.

"Let's go get some food!"

I say.

Rina and Minseok decided to share chicken strips and fries. I got a cheeseburger with extra onion rings for all of us to share.

"These fries are so greasy."

Rina says.

"I know, right? I think they just put it straight in the box without shaking off the oil or something. But the greasiness is what makes these authentic carnival fries!"

Minseok laughs.

"Why don't you try one?"

He says to me.

"Sure."

Minseok takes a single fry and feeds it to me. He's smiling the whole time.

When we finish our food, we sit at our table for a bit longer. At one of the near tables, I see Yuna sitting alone. I haven't seen Jungwon or Ni-ki around yet.

Just before 8:00, we go on the high swings to see the sunset. I sit beside Minseok and Rina sits behind.

"Wow, this is so beautiful. We're definitely coming next year!"

Did he just say "We?" Yes, we.

"Yeah, we should."

I smile.

Watching the sunset in a moment like this makes me relax. My mind is taken off all the conflicting thoughts.