007

- Rina's POV

I found Jay sitting at our usual table after the bell rang. He brought lunch for the both of us to share as he normally does. Today, it's his amazing 'signature dish,' fried rice with air fried chicken strips!

"Hi, Jay! How were your first classes?"

I ask and sit down across from him. Our legs touch, but no one moves.

"Uhh, they were pretty good! Jungwon and I got partnered for a new project. I think I did pretty good on my french test, too."

He looks at me straight in the eyes when I start talking. That's one thing I love about Jay. You will always feel heard when you're talking to him. He listens very attentively.

"That's great! If you invite Jungwon over to work on your project, you should invite me too!"

"Why, do you like Jungwon or something?"

Jay says, looking frustrated, or maybe a bit uncomfortable.

"No, I don't! I just think he's attractive, that's all."

I say, flustered, trying to brush it off.

I do like him. But I think I'm at the stage where there's no point in telling other people.

"Okay fine. Let's eat. I worked extra hard on this fried rice today!"

He says and smiles. I smile back.

We devoured that fried rice in minutes. It was the best fried rice that Jay had ever made. The chicken strips were also pretty good, despite not being homemade.

"Thanks, Jay. That rice was so good!"

"Yeah, I know, I know. After all, I am the one and only, Jay Park, the most renowned chef here at Decelis Academy."

He jokes with a smug grin. I laugh at his statement, which makes him smile.

- 3rd person POV

Ni-ki sees Jay and Rina having fun and sharing food from across the cafeteria. He becomes filled with frustration, maybe he was a little bit jealous. How could Rina be acting so normal after the whole thing at the café?

"Ni-ki, stop staring at Rina. I'm trying to give you advice on how to get her to like you back!"

Jungwon says, trying to get Ni-ki to snap out of his trance.

"Sorry, I'm just frustrated. What if Rina likes Jay? She's always with him and they're always laughing together, and they even share food everyday!"

Ni-ki says while resting his face on his hand, taking another bite of the sushi that his mom packed for him.

"Don't worry, bro. I got your back. I'm partners with Jay for a project so I can ask him about it. And when me and Jay get together to work on the project, we can all hangout together."

Jungwon suggested.

"Hey, what about me?"

Jake says, pouting.

"Sorry, Jake. You were just so quiet that we didn't notice you."

Ni-ki laughs a bit with them. He goes back to staring at Rina when he sees Jay feeding her a piece of corn, which reminds him of what he did earlier at the café.

"Oh, Jungwon, guess what! Since the teacher wasn't showing up this morning, I was able to convince Rina to ditch class with me and we went to that café that you work at!

We shared a cheesecake and a drink! I was about to eat the last bite, then I saw that Rina wanted it, so I offered it to her and then we went back and forth about it and then in the middle of her sentence, I fed the cheesecake to her and I was so proud of myself. She really liked the cheesecake."

Ni-ki said, excitedly. Jungwon patted him on the back with an awkward expression.

"Wow, Ni-ki, I'm so proud of you. But I have a very important question – what kind of cheesecake was it?"

Jungwon says.

"It was mint chocolate. Her choice."

"So maybe you guys are soulmates. You both love mint choco... That's honestly so weird but go off I guess."

Jungwon said and sighed, dropping his shoulders.

- Rina's POV

The bell rings soon after. My next class is science, and Jungwon is in that class. Everyday I go there hoping that the teacher changes the seating plan to put me next to him.

Jay and I stand up from our table and head to our classes. Ni-ki and Jungwon end up walking with me, since Ni-ki's class was in the same direction.

Jungwon is placed in between Ni-ki and I. Mine and Jungwon's hands brush together several times as we walk, but no one says anything about it – he only looks around awkwardly whenever they touch.

We talk about our least favorite school subjects until we reach our classes.