016

- Jay's POV

"Jay, let's go to that new bookstore café today!"

Rina says.

She's sitting on her bed and taking FaceTime pictures of me. I don't bother to argue about it.

"Like, right now?"

I ask.

"Yeah! Come on, it'll be fun."

"Okay, let me get ready first. Meet you there in 10. I'm hanging up now!"

"See ya!"

I rush to go put some better clothes on and I don't want to bother with my hair, so I put on a cap instead. I make sure I have cash in my wallet for Rina.

I put a mint in my mouth right before I leave. I hang the lanyard with my keys on the handle of my bike and I'm off.

As I approach the bookstore, I see Rina waiting for me. She waves once she sees me.

"Were you waiting for long?"

I ask.

"No, just for a few minutes."

Rina shrugs.

"Ah, okay. Let's go in?"

"Yeah."

She smiles.

We walk in and are greeted with the strong smell of coffee. This place is like the library from Beauty and the Beast reimagined, and in real life. There are two whole floors of just bookshelves. The shelves are very tall, and packed full of books. It is all so elegant and seems surreal to me.

I see the café portion of the bookstore. It's about 8x smaller than the actual bookstore part. It goes up to the second floor as well, the upper part being only a small seating area.

Rina's mouth is wide open. She's standing there, looking around, admiring the place. She looks like a tourist, though we are still in our hometown.

I expect that Rina will be doing that for the next 5 minutes, so I dash over to the café. The line is quite short, I can do this quickly.

The line goes by in 4 minutes and next thing I know, I'm ordering a chocolate chip cookie. I'm walking back towards Rina but stop in my tracks when I see Jake looking at the cookbook section.

"Yo, Jake Sim! What are you doing here!"

I firmly slap Jake's shoulder, he spins around to look at me.

"Jay, what's up my man!"

He daps me up and continues to look at cookbooks.

"Why are you looking at cookbooks?"

I ask.

"Because I need to learn how to cook, duh. I'm not gonna be one of those sons who don't have a clue on how to cook."

"I could teach you, I'm a pretty good cook. I prepare my own lunch everyday."

"Huh. How have you not snatched up a girlfriend yet, Jay?"

Suddenly I forget how to speak.

"Well, uh, I- um.. I, uhh.. I'm kind of- I'm kinda not too interested in that right now, I guess."

"Oh. Cause I could set you up with my sister if that's ok-"

"I'M GOOD. YEAH. I DON'T THINK I WANT TO DO THAT. HAHAHA....HAHA...HA..ha....haha..."